Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fairytale Dance Camp!

Today Nadia had her very first ballet lesson. I signed her up for a four day camp from 9-12 that started today. During this camp the 3-5 year olds do ballet and other creative dances, color, play games, have a snack, and listen to fairytales in storytime. The music for dancing is themed to fairytales. On Sunday Paul's parents gave Nadia an early birthday present - her first pair of ballet slippers. She has been looking forward to these ballet classes sooooooooooooo much! If she really enjoys it this week, I will likely sign her up for ballet classes again in the fall in addition to gymnastics. Unfortunately those lessons are from 5-5:45 pm, which is normally when we're eating dinner, but if she really likes ballet then we'll eat dinner at a different time once a week.  I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch Nadia at her dance camp! Ian and I came back about 10 minutes before the camp ended today. That was a mistake. Ian really wanted to join the girls on the dance floor, and Nadia wanted to come out to be with me. I wanted to see a few minutes of the class, but I'll try to show up as close to 12pm as possible the next three days.

Taken before camp this morning; she told me she was "doing ballet."
Ian and I will be having 12 hours together this week. I'm going to spend some time going to yard sales tomorrow morning. Today we went to CVS, a health food store, the playground, etc. I should have brought a book to read as Ian fell asleep in the car around 10:30. I'll bring a book tomorrow! At the health food store I got some almond milk yogurt for Ian, which cost $2 per serving whereas usually I won't pay more than 50 cents for one yogurt. They had coconut milk creamer but not yogurt. I noticed that they had rice milk and almond milk. Those aren't cheap, but they're not as expensive as EleCare. I'm going to ask the doctors about that. Ian liked the yogurt, and it had little bits of peach in it, and a month ago he would have gagged over that, but he was able to eat it this time! Ian loved playing at the playground. The highlight for him was being with the ducks. There were LOTS of ducks including some tiny baby ones. Ian was laughing and laughing with delight while walking with the ducks. A woman gave us a slice of bread to feed them. Fun!

Nadia was the only one wearing a leotard today, but all the kids had ballet shoes. I guess I'll just have her wear play clothes tomorrow. We went swimming right after her class was over. I pushed her nap back a little (put her down at 1:45). That worked out well because then she was asleep for half of Ian's speech therapy session. The water temperature was the same as it was the last couple of times we went to the pool, but the air temperature was warmer so it felt much better.




No comments: