Monday, June 20, 2011

Don't Settle

As you might recall, my opinion of our last photo shoot was that we got some "acceptable" photos. None of them wowed me, but it definitely wasn't a total bust either (both of those scenarios have happened before). Taking the kids to a studio for a photo session is stressful and tiring for me. I give them baths, pick out what they're going to wear, get them dressed, try to keep them in good shape in terms of their hair and clothing, and of course hope and pray that they'll smile and cooperate with the photographer. It's hard enough doing a photo shoot with one toddler, but it's even harder with two toddlers, especially as Ian just wants to RUN. So I just bought some prints last time and didn't plan to head back to a studio until December. However when I went to put the new 10x13 of Nadia in the picture frame in the family room, Paul said he didn't want me to hang the picture. He said that #1 he didn't like her bangs (they needed to be trimmed - that last photo shoot was supposed to be for Ian not Nadia) and #2 he wanted a picture with a great smile. He said he really wanted me to try again.

I decided to go to Walmart today because the photographer did a GREAT job with Nadia's 2 year photos last June. Our membership card was due to expire on the 26th so I wanted to go before it expired. Well Jennifer again did a great job. Paul was right. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have ordered as many prints from Sears. I shouldn't have settled. Even though it's exhausting to do a photo shoot, it's worth it to try again until you get really good pictures. I only spent $13.77 at Walmart today, but I'll be using coupons and ordering more online although I did get a 10x13, 8x10, two 5x7's, 8 wallets, and four 3.5x5 prints for $8.47. The reason I tend to favor Sears is because their prints are FAR cheaper, but I have learned some ways to get them for a reasonable price from Walmart. Rule #1 is to not buy many from the studio. The photographer at Walmart is better at getting Nadia to smile that is for sure. Ian was still very uncooperative. Hopefully he'll do better in December for his 2 year pictures. Maybe my sister will be able to get a good one of the two of them in August or October.

At the swimming pool today one mom came up to me and told me that she thinks my multitasking skills are impressive. Well taking the kids to the pool is still not a piece of cake (it would be oh so much easier if Ian liked the "boat"), but it's become a million times easier now that Nadia is somewhat independent in her inner tube. Have I mentioned I love being a stay-at-home mom lately? Well I do. I love going to the playground and the swimming pool with my munchkins. I am very grateful #1 that the Lord has blessed us with two precious children and #2 that I am able to spend so much time with them. Thank you, Lord!

I discovered today that jumping on the trampoline can be quite a workout! I think that has now been added to my daily exercise routine in addition to my 40 minute walk (round trip) to the playground. Nadia wanted me to jump longer than I did. I am sure my stamina will increase over time.
Alexis put her hair in braids on Saturday night while we were on our date.


Can you tell she was saying "cheese"? I prefer a nstural smile, but I wanted to show off her new swimming skill!


Daddy doing what the clown told him to do at the circus.

No comments: