She is Almost completely independent with going to the bathroom. A year ago she had just recently finished potty training. Accidents are now a thing of the past. She has gone to the bathroom 100% independently a few times recently, but most times she still asks for help with getting pulling her clothes back up after she's done.
Some new experiences she had over the past year include gymnastics, Fairytale Dance Camp (ballet), and Vacation Bible School (which she still calls CVS).
She's often heard saying, "Isn't that special!" or some variation that includes the word "special".
She has an excellent Auditory memory. She can recite the lines to VeggieTale movies (I don't just mean the songs) and many, many books. It isn't very difficult to teach her to memorize a Bible verse.
She loves to Read books. Some of her favorites include Clifford, Curious George, Olivia, How do Dinosaurs, Fancy Nancy, nursery rhymes, Berenstain Bears, Llama Llama, Madeline, and books by Sandra Boynton.
She still has beautiful blue Eyes, but her hair has turned darker over the past year. Her hair is still blonde, although it's no where near as light blonde as Ian's.
You just Never know what new word she's going to use. Last week she asked me if Madame Blueberry is a character. I had no idea she knew the word "character." She pronounced it 100% correctly.
She has a nap almost Every day. I put her down sometime between 12pm and 2pm, usually at 1pm. She is in bed for at least 2 hours.
Every single day she goes through quite a few tissues. I think she must have allergies also because she sneezes and has a runny nose all year long.
When she gives Ian a hug and Kiss goodnight, she usually says (of her own initiative), "I love you." This melts my heart every single time.
She now really Enjoys whispering. This can be a useful skill at times, but I can't hear whispering due to my hearing being about 20 decibels worse than what is considered normal. It's not a problem when we're at home and I can read her lips, but it gets really frustrating when she whispers to me while we're in the car as I can't read her lips when she's behind me!
She Never wants to eat any vegetables. Hopefully that will improve over the next year as well as her willingness to eat more foods served for dinner. Her favorite meals right now include any form of pasta (except for tuna noodle), pizza, and hamburgers.
She doesn't like it when Ian calls her Nana. I guess she's too young to appreciate how special it is that his first real word (not babbling) was her name. She always corrects him and says, "It's Nadia."
She wants to drink milk at Every meal. Every once in a while we make her drink some water. She loves milk!
She's very interested in Directions. She's always asking which way we need to go to get to a certain destination. When my mom was taking her to the park 2 weeks ago, she corrected my mom when she made a wrong turn. Grandma took the advice of her two-year-old granddaughter. :-)
I love to listen to her pray. In addition to thanking God for her family, friends, pillow, stuffed animals, etc. she also has been saying "Thank You for you too." She often talks about God and wanting to see Him in Heaven.
| June 2010 - 24 months old I hope you enjoyed this year in review through pictures! |
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Nadia! Hope you've all had a fun day celebrating your precious princess!
Post a Comment