Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cucumbers

I can think of 3 foods over the last 7 months that Nadia has refused to eat even if she saw me also eating it. The first would be breadsticks at Olive Garden, then fresh strawberries (although she eats plenty of foods that have strawberries in them), and the latest would be cucumbers. Sarah gave us a couple from her garden on Tuesday, and both yesterday and today I tried to get Nadia to eat some while I did. She makes a funny face like it's a lemon or something and spits it right back out. I happen to disagree. I love cucumbers. I ate an entire one yesterday, LOL! My mom said as a child (age 5-6) I used to go in the backyard of our home in Alabama and eat them like you'd eat an apple. Well I am not going to complain since she will eat 99% of the foods I offer her. Today she had her first taste of honeydew and loved it. Honeydew happens to be my favorite melon. I am not a fan of cantelope, watermelon is fine, but honeydew is oh so very delicious!

Two of Nadia's favorite things to do the last few days are #1 play with Mommy's brush and #2 open and close doors. She takes the brush and actually puts the bristles up on her hair. She knows what it's supposed to be used for, and if I help her, she'll brush my hair. Awwww.... I need to buy another brush as she gets quite upset when I want the brush back to use it myself. She also has discovered it is quite fun to close a door. She can't open it if she shuts it all the way, but if it's not 100% closed she can open it again. I am glad she can't reach the doorknob yet as I'd be scared she'd lock herself in a room with me on the other side!

The last 2 days when Paul has gone to pick Nadia up at Sarah's, she has run toward him as soon as she saw him. This made her Daddy very, very happy!

I honestly have tried multiple times a day to take pictures of Nadia the last few days. She's on the go so much it's really hard to take her picture these days!! Hopefully I'll succeed in getting some great pictures this weekend in MD. I know pictures add a lot to a blog. :-)

No comments: