I had planned to take the kids on a homeschooling field trip to a corn maze (different place than we went last week) at 10:00, but I decided on Thursday night we needed a morning at home. Considering how late the kids slept, I decided this was the right call. I felt badly when one of the moms called to see where we were. Oops! I am sure it would have been fun, but it was heavenly just to stay home. We did spend some time outside this afternoon as the weather was absolutely perfect (much warmer). I also got caught up on some housework, which felt good (I mopped the floors, Nadia vacuumed, I mowed the lawn, etc.). The picture at the top of the post was taken yesterday while I was doing school work with Nadia. Oliver put Nadia's boots on all by himself, and I just had to take a picture! Similarly, the boys were playing in an Amazon box (they also had some tinkertoys in their hands) during her school work, and I had to get a picture of that as well. Kids (and cats) just love to play in boxes!
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Two days in a row!
We are to give thanks every day, but some days it is easier to do that than others. Yesterday was one of those days when it was easy to be thankful throughout the day. Oliver didn't have any accidents on Thursday, and he was successful again on Friday. Thursday was the fourth day this month he had an accident free day (Friday was the 5th), and it was the very first time he had two consecutive days without accidents! Yesterday was the most impressive because he never even had damp underwear. I think it was the very first time he stayed in the same pair of underwear all day, and that included staying dry during an almost two hour nap (longer than usual). One thing that made this feat easier was the fact that he pooped in his diaper in his crib right before he woke up at 8am. He didn't poop in the potty the past two days, but I'd much rather clean a messy diaper than a #2 accident in underwear. Thursday I had a headache throughout the day that I felt was due to lack of sleep. The Lord graciously allowed me to get more rest Thursday night. Ian and/or Oliver are usually up by 6:15 at the very latest, and often one or both of them are up by 5:45 (if not earlier). Ian was up once in the middle of the night (2:00 I think) and Paul got up at 5:15, but Ian slept until 7:00, and then he crawled into bed with me and slept another hour until Oliver woke up at 8:00. I didn't go back to sleep after Ian joined me, but I was able to rest and spend much of the time in prayer. Oliver slept TWELVE hours, much better than the 9-10 he's been getting most of the time lately.
I had planned to take the kids on a homeschooling field trip to a corn maze (different place than we went last week) at 10:00, but I decided on Thursday night we needed a morning at home. Considering how late the kids slept, I decided this was the right call. I felt badly when one of the moms called to see where we were. Oops! I am sure it would have been fun, but it was heavenly just to stay home. We did spend some time outside this afternoon as the weather was absolutely perfect (much warmer). I also got caught up on some housework, which felt good (I mopped the floors, Nadia vacuumed, I mowed the lawn, etc.). The picture at the top of the post was taken yesterday while I was doing school work with Nadia. Oliver put Nadia's boots on all by himself, and I just had to take a picture! Similarly, the boys were playing in an Amazon box (they also had some tinkertoys in their hands) during her school work, and I had to get a picture of that as well. Kids (and cats) just love to play in boxes!
I had planned to take the kids on a homeschooling field trip to a corn maze (different place than we went last week) at 10:00, but I decided on Thursday night we needed a morning at home. Considering how late the kids slept, I decided this was the right call. I felt badly when one of the moms called to see where we were. Oops! I am sure it would have been fun, but it was heavenly just to stay home. We did spend some time outside this afternoon as the weather was absolutely perfect (much warmer). I also got caught up on some housework, which felt good (I mopped the floors, Nadia vacuumed, I mowed the lawn, etc.). The picture at the top of the post was taken yesterday while I was doing school work with Nadia. Oliver put Nadia's boots on all by himself, and I just had to take a picture! Similarly, the boys were playing in an Amazon box (they also had some tinkertoys in their hands) during her school work, and I had to get a picture of that as well. Kids (and cats) just love to play in boxes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment