1. I'm very thankful that God gave me a boy eight years ago. Ian Alexander is such a blessing in our lives!
2. The kids have enjoyed their eight weeks of gymnastics. Last night was the last night of the session. We're taking a break due to basketball.
3. The kids enjoyed the Christmas around the world program at the Children's Museum last Wednesday morning.
4. The kids had their first basketball practices last week. I'm thankful for the coaches and other volunteers who make it possible! This is Nadia's first time playing full court basketball. She already knew most of the girls on her team.
5. The boys and I enjoyed the Christmas worship service on Friday night (although Oliver fell asleep about half-way through the service).
6. The kids got a good report at the doctor's office on Friday. I'm thankful we don't visit the doctor very often.
7. We enjoyed the candy cane making demonstration at Purity Candy on Saturday.
8. On Saturday we had dinner at Dave and Marla's house (90 minutes away from our house). Dave works in the office at the family business. They are very hospitable and generous people!
9. The kids' choir sang on Sunday morning. I'm glad they have an opportunity to be in a choir. Paul's parents spent several hours with us that day and gave Ian his birthday present. The kids always love spending time with Grandma and Pop Pop!
10. The semester is DONE! Yesterday I got some work done for the spring semester, but I didn't feel like I had to work at a frantic pace, which was a big relief.
11. Ian has really taken off recently with his skills at sight reading music when playing the piano. Wow! I was wishing with all my heart I could share this with my mom. I wonder if she knows things like that in heaven or not?
12. We are headed to the Turkey Hill Experience today, which is something I've wanted to take the kids to for a few years but didn't because of the cost. It's nice to be able to afford splurges like this. We'll be learning about ice cream and iced tea are made and tasting samples along the way. Then we're headed to Sight & Sound for their Miracle of Christmas show. For several years we've gone to one show a year. We didn't go to Jonah (their main show this year) so we're doing their Christmas one for the first time. That is a much bigger splurge than the Turkey Hill experience, but it's a lot cheaper than buying tickets to see a Broadway show in NYC. We're looking forward to this "field trip" that will also include Daddy, Grandma, and Pop Pop!






No comments:
Post a Comment