On Saturday Nadia received her team picture. Coach Chip and all her teammates are in the photo, but her assistant coach isn't in the picture. Ian won't have a team picture because he was sick the day they took their team photo, but Oliver, who only played three games, will receive a team picture. If one child didn't have a photo I wish it was Oliver. Ian has two games left, and Nadia has three games left because one was cancelled due to snow. This Saturday is a bye week (no games) so I'm taking the kids to the Children's Museum for a plant dissection with biology professors from Bloomsburg University and to a maple sugaring program at the Montour Preserve.
Having Paul home this weekend meant I was able to get more work done. I asked him to do math with Ian and Nadia yesterday. They were not thrilled about doing math on a Sunday, but I told them they were doing Monday's math lessons ahead of time. I also decided to do less than usual in science today. My goal was to finish schoolwork before lunch so I would have more time today to keep plowing through my to do list. I had written a lengthy and rather varied to do list yesterday which included things like making some phone calls to schedule appointments, doing some shopping online for a few things we needed, finishing a large photo book, grading, writing reports for some of the student teachers I observed last week, submitting a conference proposal, etc. It's a very good feeling to have crossed so many things off my to do list yesterday and today!
As you can see from this post, the kids' choir sang in both services yesterday. I forgot to charge the battery on the video camera, so I had to use my phone, which definitely is of a lesser quality. Since Grandma and Pop Pop weren't able to make it, I knew they'd want to see videos. I taught the first and second grade girls' Sunday School class yesterday during the first service and attended the second service with Paul. I slipped down for a few minutes so I could hear them sing both times. They are singing again in April and then putting on a musical in May.



No comments:
Post a Comment