Thursday, March 29, 2018

Thankful Thursday

1. Nadia and Ian enjoyed seeing the musical Seussical with me on Friday night at our local high school.

2. Nadia and Ian enjoyed attending their Upward awards night program on Saturday night with Paul.

3. They weren't very keen on the egg hunt on Saturday afternoon, but they were thrilled with all the candy they came home with on Sunday afternoon after their second egg hunt.

4. Nadia and Uncle Al enjoyed the Steven Curtis Chapman concert on Sunday night.

5. All three kids enjoyed their swimming lesson at Bucknell on Monday night. Each of them had a 25 minute private lesson. They have three more lessons to go! Oliver has been talking about Garret (his swimming teacher) every single day. All three kids have male swim teachers.

6. I just placed an order on Sears.com for a skirt and cardigan sweater for myself plus a pajama shirt and pants for Nadia, and I paid $5.91 total for
my order. I don't prefer to shop for my clothes online but with so many of the stores going out of business, it's becoming the new normal.

7. The babysitter took the kids to the Children's Museum on Wednesday afternoon. I was trying to figure out how to get them to the Homeschool Hangout and get my work done. Problem solved! It helps that we both have a membership there for our families.

8. I am feeling a *little* less overwhelmed lately. I think it's in
part due to the fact that I now know my way around each of the 9 school buildings where my 15 student teachers are located as well as how to drive to each of the schools. Also, I have been trying to build a little more cushion time in between each visit. I had things scheduled so tightly the first several weeks it was leading to me being more frazzled than necessary. I only have five weeks left! I will still have grading and such to do at home, but I believe my last day at the university or in a school district will be May 4. We can do this!

9. I am starting to feel better. I actually sound worse in terms of my cough, but I didn't go to bed until 10:00pm last night, and of the previous 6 nights I had gone to bed between 7:45-8:30pm five of the six nights (would have been six of six if it hadn't been for the Seussical musical on Friday night). I'm thankful to have a bit more energy. Lecturing was very painful (due to sore throat) on Tuesday, but it didn't hurt today. Singing at choir rehearsal on Wednesday night was very painful. I didn't stay for the whole thing. Hoping I can sing in
the 3 Easter services on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

10. I'm thankful for my new dryer.

11. We're excited about our upcoming vacation! We now have our airline tickets as well as tickets to many of the places we plan to visit such as the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, LEGOLAND, etc.

12. I received my bonus this month for being on overload this semester (overtime).


No comments: