Monday, May 7, 2018

Her ears are pierced!

Years ago I had decided Nadia could get her ears pierced when she turned ten, if she wanted it done. The plan had been to get them pierced next month. When Paul took his Prius for the inspection, tire rotation, and oil change the last week of April, I gave him three bracelets to take to the jewelry store at the mall which is very close to the Toyota dealer. He did leave the sapphire bracelet there because he wisely bought a care plan when he purchased it years ago. I have had the bracelet repaired MANY times over the years (this time it was the clasp that was broken), and all the repairs are free because he bought the extra service plan. I told him years ago to please always get it for bracelets but skip it for other pieces of jewelry as I don't seem to ever need to have rings, necklaces, or earrings repaired. He took two other bracelets with him that day - a ruby one he got me when we were dating (at the same store but w/o a care plan) and one of my mother's that I wore every day for almost exactly a year (August 2016-August 2017). The cost to repair my mom's was around $70. I decided not to do it at this point,
and he didn't even bother getting a quote on the other one as he knew I was most interested in having my mom's bracelet repaired. Well on Saturday I received a call that my bracelet repair was complete, and I could pick it up. I decided to make the trip more worthwhile and get Nadia's ears pierced a few weeks early. I also thought it was better to do it now so we won't be worrying about cleaning it three times a day while she's at camp, and it's also better for it to heal before going swimming. She got them pierced yesterday afternoon.

Nadia picked blue earrings, which is no shock as that's her favorite color these days. I think they are very pretty! I am sure she will receive more earrings for her birthday. My princess is growing up! She enjoyed showing off her new earrings to various people at the church dinner last night. One of her friends at church (also in 4th grade) is also getting her ears pierced for the first time next month. I guess I'm not the only mom who picked age 10 for ear piercing!


1 comment:

Joanna said...

Very nice! I was also 10 when I was allowed to have my ears pierced. Must be a good age!