Thursday, December 5, 2019

Back to normal

We haven't had many "typical" days lately between cousins coming to visit us, a three day trip to Virginia, Thanksgiving, a two day trip to Great Wolf Lodge, and a field trip yesterday. From November 22 to yesterday we only had one regular school day, and that occurred on Black Friday. For some reason Nadia felt she needed to start doing her schoolwork at 6:15 this morning. She said it was because she had art and chorus today, but she really didn't need to start that early as she had finished her schoolwork, practiced the piano, and finished eating lunch by 11:30am. We don't leave for Meadowbrook until 1:00pm as she has chorus and art from 1:20-2:50. Nadia completed her AWANA book last night. That had been her goal since the beginning of September, and she achieved her goal! Ian is a little more than half-way through his AWANA book. They will be caroling at a retirement home next Wednesday and have their Christmas activities in two weeks. Then Nadia will start attending the Bible bowl meetings and middle school youth group on Wednesday
nights. I'll drop her off at 4:30 and pick her up around 8:15 after my choir rehearsal is done. Since the Bible bowl meetings started in September, Nadia is trying to get caught up on memorizing. Thus far this week she has memorized Hebrews 1:1-7. In terms of reading Nadia finished the last Harry Potter book this week, but Nadia and Ian haven't watched the last two movies yet. Right now she's reading the copy of Little Women that my fifth grade teacher gave me. She also read A Little Princess recently, which was another of my favorites when I was her age. 

This evening Paul is taking Nadia to the Christian radio station's monthly skate night, tomorrow night the boys are putting on a short Christmas musical at our church, and Saturday I'm taking the kids to Corning, New York. Some months we have many "stay at home all day" types of days. Those are not very common in December! One negative of our outings is that Paul hasn't had time to work on the bathroom. We shall see when we have a shower working in our house again.



I take far, far more pictures than videos, but I did use Paul's phone to take videos of the kids going across the lily pads at Great Wolf Lodge. All three of them went across the lily pads many, many times. It was very easy to get a video of Ian. Oliver was regularly successful but much slower. I recorded many videos of Nadia falling in the water before I got one of her getting across without falling. I should take some videos of Nadia saying her AWANA verses and of Nadia and Ian playing the piano. They played for Paul's family on Thanksgiving. I have decided to wait until Oliver is eight years old to start teaching him to play the piano.









No comments: