1. Although Paul wasn't able to screw the lock back into the driver's door of the van last night, I was able to drive today. It was the second time I drove this month. I haven't forgotten how to drive! Actually, driving hither and yon is NOT something I miss. Plus we're spending less money on gas. Still I was thankful I was able to buy two more pairs of rollerblades today - a brand new pair for $20 for Ian and a used pair for $10 for Nadia. This means the next day it's not raining all three kids can go rollerblading at the same time. They couldn't wait to try them out so they have done some rollerblading in the basement and garage today.
2. It had been a few weeks since we got anything from a restaurant, but I decided we'd pick up some pizza at Papa John's while we were out buying rollerblades. Paul felt like he was in pizza withdrawal.
3. Paul picked up 160 pounds of chicken this morning before heading to work. Eighty pounds is for our family and is being stored in a freezer in Millie's bakery in Pottsville (90 minutes from our house). We gave forty pounds to Al as a belated birthday present, and the office manager/salesman at Paul's company ordered forty pounds. The market made one error and gave us one case of boneless thighs instead of a third case of boneless breasts, but the bottom line is that we have enough chicken to last us several months. I bought a lot of toilet paper last September and wondered how long it will last us. We haven't run out yet. We shall see how long this chicken will last us.
4. Nadia has been able to keep in touch with her friends through Zoom, Messenger Kids, etc.
5. My dad and Margie bought me a foam roller on Amazon to see if it would help with my back pain. I am not 100% back to normal yet, but I have to say that last night I was NOT in pain while in bed, which was the first time I could say that in three solid months. YAHOO! I will keep using it and hopefully the pain will completely go away. That would be incredible!
6. Paul was finally able to get more stone shortly before they ran out. That was an answer to prayer as some of the quarries had shut down due to the current economic situation. None of his employees have gotten the coronavirus. The forgivable loan from the federal government means he has put his employees back to working 6 days a week instead of only 4 days a week.
7. I'm not a seamstress. I sew on missing buttons and do some minor repairs, and that's it. I ordered four face masks on eBay last night. They were very reasonably priced. I got a Paw Patrol one for Oliver, Star Wars for Ian, and a reversible one for Nadia that is blue on the one side and has dogs on the other. I have a feeling we might be asked to wear masks for a very long time. Maybe the next year? Hopefully these are comfortable. Paul had brought one home for Nadia two weeks ago that was adult size so it covered her whole face - even her eyes. I used it today when I got the pizza and yikes it was so hot! I hope the four we ordered are comfortable. I bought handmade ones. I'm happy to support family businesses during this difficult time. Now here's to hoping some things OPEN in the next couple of months so we actually have a need to wear them. I did see that amusement parks can't open in the yellow phase. I hope and pray we reach the "green" phase before the end of the summer and that summer camps are permissible in the yellow phase.
8. Ian had fun building a new Lego set today. He received $5 from my Dad and Margie for Easter, and he had been working since then to earn the rest of the money needed to purchase a $20 Lego set. It was perfect timing that it arrived on a rainy day.
9. I'm very thankful for Kindle Unlimited, Hoopla, and Overdrive which all enable us to get books for free. Our Kindle Unlimited 2 month free trial will be ending soon, but we'll keep having access to the others through the library. I can't believe how many times Amazon lets you have a free trial of Kindle Unlimited. We're also enjoying our free trial of CBS all access and the DVD service of Netflix. I've also been enjoying listening to KLOVE's classics station. They play many of the songs I listened to when I was in middle school, college, etc.
10. Last week my dad had another heart catheterization. It involved the placing of three stents to open a blockage that had been created through scar tissue forming where they had stitched a graft. He spent one night in the hospital and had to stay on bed rest for one week at home. We are thankful they were quickly able to correct the problem before he had a heart attack.
11. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow, but then it's supposed to be gorgeous on Saturday and Sunday with highs in the SEVENTIES.
12. The kids LOVED it when I made S'mores Dessert Pizza for the first time last weekend. I'm quite certain I'll be making that again!
![]() |
| Oliver and Nadia thought a rainy day was a good day for hot chocolate. :) |



No comments:
Post a Comment