1. Paul and I enjoyed some pie during our Sunday School class this past Sunday. There were three pieces left of the lemon meringue pie when I brought it back home. Nadia and I enjoyed eating them over the last few days.
2. Nadia has been doing a little more cooking/baking than usual lately of her own initiative. This week she made hamantaschen cookies, which happened to be perfect timing as yesterday was Purim. She loves those cookies but not too many of the rest of us do so I think next time she wants to make those I'll have her cut the recipe down.
3. Ian has been enjoying Python coding so much that he has begun writing his own programs in addition to completing the exercises in the book.
4. Paul's dad came up again on Monday. I enjoyed chatting with Tab during the kids' gym class, and then Pop Pop took the kids to Bonanza for lunch before coming back to play with the kids for a few hours. He did Snap Circuits with Oliver and worked on building and programming a different Lego robot with Ian.
5. We had snow and cold weather on Saturday and Sunday, but then we've had gorgeous (much warmer) weather the last few days. I took a short walk on Monday with Milo and again with Oliver and Milo yesterday.
6. I don't think that time necessarily "heals all wounds," but for me personally time definitely has helped ease the grief over losing my mom, brother, and mother-in-law over the last several years. Maurice passed away in early March three years ago, and my mom's birthday was March 20. I sent four sympathy cards out this week - one to a woman who delivered a stillborn baby boy during the 2nd trimester, a woman in our church whose dad passed away last week, a couple in our church whose twenty-five-year-old son passed away, and to a woman in our church whose mom passed away last week. Earlier this month a fifth-grade boy in our school district was killed in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. I'm praying for each of these families as they grieve. Although I still miss all three of our loved ones who passed away in the last 5+ years, I'm grateful that I know I will be able to see them again one day.
7. I had a 25-minute massage on my right foot and calf on Tuesday. I wish I had done so a lot sooner, but better late than never! What a difference!! The progress I've felt the last couple of days gives me some hope that I might be able to stand and walk a lot more in two months without excessive pain. My next massage appointment is scheduled for Monday while the kids are in gym class.
8. I've had a goal for a while to begin introducing the kids to Shakespeare, and finally this week we have begun studying A Midsummer's Night Dream. The kids aren't too enthralled yet, but hopefully their appreciation will grow with time. Also, speaking of books although we still liked A Place to Hang the Moon better, we also enjoyed The Last Cuentista, which was the book that won the most recent Newberry Award.
9. Prices are pretty frightening in general these days. I paid $75 for gas on Monday morning. Ouch. I intended to buy some yogurt yesterday evening, but the price for the generic brand had jumped more than 60% in one week. I didn't buy any. I placed a small order at Sam's Club to pick up on the way home from Nadia's drama class on Tuesday. Some of the prices at Sam's are good, and some are not, but I was very pleased to find out that their price for romaine hearts is much better than what I usually pay. Nadia was thrilled because I came home with more romaine than I usually do. I try to rotate through the recipes and not repeat them more than 3 times a year, but I might need to make an exception for chicken wraps. Everyone in the family really enjoys them. I make mine a salad without a tortilla. I love it when I find something that is healthy, easy to make, and everyone likes it!
No comments:
Post a Comment