Our first snowfall of the season happened on a Saturday. The second snowfall was yesterday. The kids around here ended up with a four-day weekend because Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and Tuesday was a snow day. My kids have five days of school this week. I deeply respect what MLK did for the Civil Rights movement. We took our kids to the National Park site in his honor in Atlanta, but we don't take a day off of school for MLK Day or because of snow. As a side note, although he did many wonderful things for the people of our country, I think he was an awful husband. It seems that he and JFK were having a contest to see who could be the worst womanizer? Similar to MLK, I am grateful for how JFK handled the situation in Cuba and didn't get us in a nuclear war, but I also think JFK was an awful husband. The schools around here had a two-hour delay today, and that did impact us because Nadia and Ian usually have art and chorus at Meadowbrook on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Chorus was cancelled yesterday, and the art period was almost cut in half. We decided just to skip art yesterday. A snow day means I don't walk my usual four miles with Milo. The first snowfall this winter was a wet snow. This time it was a very dry snow, so it was much easier to shovel. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow. Because of that forecast plus the fact that Oliver and Paul are not healthy at the moment, we've cancelled our plans to go skiing at Ski Sawmill tomorrow. Maybe in 2025 the kids will be able to go skiing two times.
The last time we got a nice family photo was in 2019. My broken ankle interfered with the plans in 2021. I made efforts (ex. picking out outfits) to have it happen multiple times in 2022 and 2023, but it didn't happen. I really, really, really hope 2024 is the year! I'm hoping for a nice family photo near our home that includes Milo and also maybe a nice family photo sometime when we're on vacation. The last one I loved was taken at Myrtle Beach. The last time I got one of the three kids plus Milo that I really liked was March 2021, and at least we got an updated one of those four this week. It would be very helpful if I learned how to use a tripod plus use my phone as a remote to control my camera. I'm very thankful for my three kids and Milo!
The kids chipped in and bought Paul a 1,000-piece WWII tank puzzle for his birthday. Paul and Nadia have been working on it, and it's almost done. Several other Star Wars and Marvel puzzles have been completed in our home in 2024. Oliver helped with those as they had been ones he received for his birthday in August.

No comments:
Post a Comment