Yesterday my sisters decided to head to an amusement park (the one that we used to live 10 minutes from before we moved). So Nadia & I met them there instead of at the resort. We left after being there 3 hours because it started raining. The rest of the family stayed another 2 hours, which proved to be a wise move, as the light rain stopped soon after we left. I was fearing it would turn into a downpour. Nadia went on one ride with Adam (see pics in yesterday's post). That didn't work; she cried. She went on two rides with me - helicopters and cars. Wendy got a couple of good pics of Nadia & I in a car. She did fine, but it didn't seem worth spending more $$ on her riding rides. I think she's still a little too young to really enjoy it. She did enjoy watching all the people walking around the park and sharing some black cherry soft ice cream with Mommy. She's a girl after my own heart. Ice cream is the only food that she cries over (tears and all!) when it's all gone. Daddy likes vanilla milkshakes, but other than that he doesn't eat ice cream. One time Nadia said the word "ice" when I was feeding her ice cream. I haven't counted that as a new word since she only said it once thus far. Her favorite word these days is still definitely "up;" we hear that many, many times a day!
In preparation for my family coming to our house today, I stopped at the blueberry farm yesterday evening so that I could make a recipe my cousin's wife had posted on her blog recently. I had to taste a little last night, and it's very yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment