It's funny, but I use a very different standard for counting new words and new teeth. If any part of a tooth breaks through, I count it as a new tooth. Yesterday part of her fourth molar broke through; so I now consider her to have 11 teeth although not all of the four molars have completely come in yet. I remember having the same dilemna with when to declare she was walking. I've heard others say three consecutive steps. My bar was a lot higher for that. She was taking 3 or more steps long before I declared she was walking. I waited until she was walking more than she was crawling. I guess each of these decisions are rather subjective. In terms of new words, I don't count a word until she says it mutiple times on more than one day. I have the count at seven with her newest word being "hot" which I think in her mind actually means "bagel" because I tell her it's hot when she's wanting to have a few bites right after I take it out of the toaster oven. The bagel is supposed to be for me, but as moms know, if you want to eat something totally on your own, you must eat it while your child is sleeping. If you eat it while they're awake, you WILL be sharing at least a few bites of it. :-)
Yesterday was a busy day. Nadia woke up at 5:30am again. Thankfully she slept until 6:25 this morning. Yesterday I was out the door at 7am to take Nadia to Sarah's on my way to work. I was at work for 2 hours (faculty meeting and then I did 2 peer observations) before coming back home. My mom arrived from Maryland a few minutes later. At 2:30 I left for work again and returned home at 8:30pm. Today my mom, Nadia, and I are just hanging out at home until I'll leave at 2:30 for school.
1 comment:
Yay, way to go Nadia! I TOTALLY agree with you on the way you count teeth/words. I didn't count Liam walking until he was able to actually walk around, not just take 3 steps. I didn't count his "wordS" until I knew he actually knew what they meant and were using them to communicate. I know babies say "mama" and "dada" very early on but I don't by any means count that as a first word until they know what it means and purposely use it. With teeth, I agree, as soon as it pops through it's counted.
She's so smart and is becoming such a young lady! I love it :)
Post a Comment