Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Dentist Appointment

Nadia had her first dentist appointment at 8am this morning. Actually she was only seen by a hygenist. The hygenist was glad to hear that she's moved from a bottle to a sippy cup, that we give her flouride drops, and that we never have allowed her to take a bottle or sippy cup to bed. She examined her teeth and said we've been doing a good job with cleaning them. In the next few months we'll find out if that bottom tooth is missing or not. I'm hoping it's not missing, but if it is, there's nothing we can do about it. The only bad habit (related to her teeth) that she has thus far is the thumb sucking. I knew at some point we'd need to start working on eliminating that habit, but I didn't think I needed to deal with it now. Any comments on when and how to extinguish this habit are appreciated!

From the dentist's office we headed to MOPS. The speaker who was scheduled to come today had to back out at the last minute, so we did another craft. I don't plan to keep this one (a wax paper placemat with leaves and such). I did enjoy the fellowship with the other ladies, particularly with Evie.

It's fun to see each day what new words Nadia will say. Some of her newest words are "egg," "brush," and "hello." She says "hello" when she's playing with one of her toy phones. It's so cute! She also says "yumm" when eating a tasty treat such as a chocolate chip cookie. For many years I didn't bake cookies as I was afraid I'd eat too many of them. I have been pleased that the most I've had in one day is 3, and most days I've only had 2 cookies. The 3 dozen cookies actually lasted 7 days even with 3 of us eating them. Nadia is allowed one cookie each day.

1 comment:

The Adventures of Jing and Ying said...

Both my daughters sucked their fingers since birth. Their dentist said it really wasn't an issue until they are around 5 years old or so.

Check out my blog regarding the fingerguard I purchased for both of them. They also make a thumbguard (www.thumbguard.net). It's a little pricey, but it works!