Sunday, June 27, 2010

Photos and Rides!




After Ian had his nap we headed to the PictureMe studio at Walmart. I am happy to say that this photographer was much better meaning she was successful at getting Nadia to smile PLUS she was much quicker on the draw with snapping the photos AND she wasn't trying to get Nadia in this super particular pose (which were the problems we had on Thursday). The only downside was I spent WAY more money than I do at Sears. So I hope to find another photographer I like at Sears for Ian's next photos, and I'm hoping for our family Christmas photo (which would be the next time I'd take Nadia for a photo shoot) that we can go with Karen at the studio she switched to (as I was told she'd be back for the holidays). Of course part of the reason I spent so much money was because there were so many good poses to pick between! I figure that I used to take Nadia about every 3 months so in that sense I didn't spend any more money. I just spent 2-4 sessions worth at one time. Anyhow I really enjoy looking at pics of my kids around the house and in my office at work, so I am willing to splurge on this!

After we ate lunch at the McD's inside the Walmart, we headed to Knoebels. It took a bit longer as we didn't realize the town where the Walmart was located was having their 4th of July parade today. OOPS! We met Paul's parents there and spent a few hours at the park and then had pizza with them before heading back home. Ian was a trooper although he cried the last part of the ride home. It was a long day for the little guy! It was a hot day, but this park has lots of trees so we weren't too hot in the shade. Nadia's favorite ride is still the Kiddie Whip!
The only problem we encountered at the restaurant was that they didn't have any milk. We tried to get her to drink fruit punch, but she really wanted milk. And this was her birthday celebration so Paul drove a block down the road to McD's and brought her back some milk before they served our pizza. The waitress colored a special birthday (paper) plate for Nadia, which was sweet.

Nadia didn't have any accidents yesterday! She peed at the Walmart and at Knoebels. Yay for being able to use public toilets, LOL! She didn't go at the restaurant (she tried) and part of the way home she said she had to go. I stopped at a rest stop, but she didn't go there either. Thankfully she held it and went as soon as we got home. Whew. Saturday she woke up dry!

Friday night Ian got up twice (1am and 4am) so I decided last night to let him CIO if he woke up before 3am. He woke up at 1am and cried less than 5 minutes and then slept until 4am. That's much better as he went to bed at 7:15pm.

No comments: