Last night Ian drank house and home when we got "home" from the feeding program. This morning I cut him off after 24 ounces of EleCare. Well it turns out that was his last time using the sippy cup. This evening I only gave him EleCare via the medicine cup (I'd guess he had 3-4 ounces). That went better than I expected, in part because we watched part of the Little Mermaid (which they'd never seen before) after dinner. We shall see how it goes tomorrow morning when he finds out he's not getting a sippy cup. She's still working on teaching him to drink from a cup. He ate a little Gerber bananas, coconut milk yogurt, and rice cereal today. Some meals he ate peacefully, and others he screamed and kicked Kathy.
Nadia told me this morning she likes the Ronald McDonald House better than our house because I am sleeping in the same room as her. I like our house better for the opposite reason. I don't get much sleep when sharing a room with those two sweet muchkins. Nadia had me up from 1:30-2:30am as an example. She's having a blast I think as she has fun playing with various different kids throughout the day at the feeding clinic. It's not so much fun for Ian or I. I did figure out a way to ensure my kids won't be abducted from the feeding clinic. That was my #1 fear yesterday. I can't see both of them all the time, but they can't exit without my knowledge. Did I mention it's really hard to be a single parent of two mobile little ones when you're staying in public places 24 hours a day? If I realize I need something from upstairs or the car while we're in the kitchen (on the first floor), I have to haul both kids with me to retrieve said item. I can't ever just go run and get something myself. It's exhausting! I'm often laden down with such a wide variety of objects in my hands - a froggy potty, the kids' pillows, animals, blankets, etc. (because they need them for naps at the feeding clinic and at bedtime at the Ronald McDonald House).
Nap times have been a disaster the past two days because they have them in pack and plays in the same room. After 30 minutes of a failed attempt today, I took Ian into my arms and rocked him to sleep. He slept in my arms for 45 minutes. I don't want that to be a pattern for 4 weeks so tomorrow I'm only going to put Ian in the pack n play room, and I'm going to put Nadia in another room (on a day bed) in the feeding clinic. I know she's tired as she fell asleep at 5pm on our way to the Cocoa Castle playground, but it's more important that Ian naps as the feeding program is exhausting for him (in part because he spends so much time crying). Hopefully my new plan will work. Who knows, maybe this will also help Nadia nap, but if at least Ian naps somewhere other than in my arms, I'll deem the new plan a success.
The OB still hasn't called with the results of the bloodwork that was drawn 2 weeks (+ 12 hours) ago. Maybe I should make a poll as to when people think I might finally get those results? It's ridiculous considering the test takes two hours to run. Oi vey. I've noticed quite a few moms here at the Ronald McDonald House are pregnant. I'm sure none of them have guessed I'm pregnant even though I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment