Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday

1. Although Oliver was awake from 2:15-4:00am this morning, I am grateful that it was the first time in a week that he had a feeding during the night.

2. Enjoying classic movies with Nadia and Ian from the library. Over the last few days we watched Mary Poppins (49 years old). The next ones will be The Wizard of Oz (74 years old) and then A Little Princess.

3. Nadia finished listening to The Wizard of Oz and A Little Princess. She's in the middle of The Magician's Nephew (C.S. Lewis). The next will be Peter Pan. Each of these are unabridged. Her comprehension (I ask her questions) and memory amazes me. Once we were talking about Jesus' death and resurrection, and she said, "that's just like Aslan." I was blown away that she figured out at least some of the symbolism of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on her own!

4. I've been reading Pippi Longstocking at lunch. We're all enjoying it! Next up is Ramona's World. When I've been reading Pippi, Nadia often tells me what is going to happen next because she listened to the audio version.

5. For the goodies we bought at the yard sale yesterday and the skirts I bought on eBay this week.

6. For homemade chocolate peanut butter chip cookies.

7. For Paul's upcoming interviews (tomorrow and next Thursday). He also received a third invitation today! That interview would be for a local university (not where I taught) for a one year FT adjunct position. This was very encouraging because the chair sounded very interested in Paul! He wanted to meet with Paul next week, but Paul has pushed it off until the week of the 29th in light of his interview at Colgate next week.

8. For the sweet things Ian says from time to time like "You're the best, Nadia" or "You look so beautiful, Momma." That boy can melt my heart!

9. Oliver's smiles and laughter are often the highlights of my day.

10. For the moments when Nadia and Ian are being sweet to each other. All of these pictures were taken yesterday. The one I snapped while pushing the stroller home from the park when I noticed that Ian and Nadia were holding hands.

11. For the exercise I got today while mowing the lawn for the first time this year.

12. I'm looking forward to my parents coming up to our house tomorrow night!

13. For a lovely (and very cheap) dinner at Perkins with my three little sweethearts on Tuesday night.

No comments: