Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend in Review

My mom arrived at our home around 9:30am on Friday. The kids were so excited to see her! We spent some time at the playground prior to having lunch, and my mom treated the kids and I to dinner at Perkins that evening, which was a special treat. Oliver had some of Ian's pancakes as well as some of Nadia's french fries and some of my breakfast potatoes. On Saturday morning I mowed the lawn while my mom supervised the kids as they played on the deck and in the back yard. She left at 2:30pm on Saturday, and I immediately loaded the kids in the van for our second visit at our swimming pool. The water in the baby pool was nice and warm, but even the main pool had warmed up some. Nadia was happy that I stayed in the "big pool" for awhile with her. The pool is nice for kids in that one third of it is only 2 feet deep. The middle third is 4 feet deep, and the deep end (with a diving board) is 10 feet deep. The kids can stand in the 2 feet deep section, and of course they also join Oliver and I in the baby pool as well.

After dinner on Saturday I went to CVS and the grocery store by myself. On Thursday I had gone to the grocery store in the morning, and it was the first time that I took all three kids and none of them cried. Woohoo! The last few weeks I've been putting Ian in the shopping cart and bringing a single umbrella stroller for Oliver. I push the shopping cart, and Nadia pushes the stroller. She's learning how to steer a stroller and not run into shelves or the backs of my feet. This store doesn't have any carts that accomodate more than one child, hence the need for creativity on my part since my back isn't too keen on "wearing" Oliver and Ian isn't ready to walk in the store yet. After we put the kids to bed on Saturday night we watched "Lincoln" although I was too tired to stay up for the whole movie. Oliver had gotten me up at 5:10 that morning.
Sunday morning I did a little Father's Day photo shoot at 8:15 and then we were out the door for Sunday School. After Sunday School I took the kids to the church's children's library and read books to them until 10:30. I think we'll make that a habit. Nadia opted to leave with Ian for Wee Worship at 11:00 rather than staying with me for the whole service. I told her she has that choice for two more months, and then after that she needs to stay with me. After church I fed the kids while working on making mashed potatoes and such for the Father's Day dinner. Paul's parents, brother, and sister-in-law spent the day with us. Nadia read some of her BOB books to Pop Pop. After they left I gave the kids a bath and put them to bed. I took the kids to the playground this morning, and we're going to head to the pool after the boys wake up from their naps. The committee that Paul interviewied with via Skype on Thursday afternoon said they will make their choice on Tuesday (tomorrow), and the top candidate will be notified by Friday (21st) at the latest.



No comments: