The last few weeks Ian has asked me to stop and pray with him at random points in the day. By random I mean not one of the times we typically pray as a family (at each meal plus before bed). Once in Maryland when he was sick with the fever and cough he asked me to pray with him that the Lord would help him feel better. I felt badly that he was feeling so yucky, but I was thrilled that he wanted to pray about it. Music to this momma's ears! He has continued to ask me to pray with him about other things. Once last week in the middle of a meal he said he wanted to pray and ask God to help him do a good job eating his food. Amen to that as well! Yesterday afternoon he said he wanted to pray and thank God for his brain and the blood in his body, which are two things we should be thankful for and yet usually take for granted. I pray that each of my kids will continue to grow in their prayer life as they grow older. God does want us to pray without ceasing! Nadia can't wait for Ian to become a Christian. The last few days when he has prayed at meal times one of the things he has thanked God for is "dying on the cross for my sins." Maybe he'll pray that most important prayer sometime this year. Although I appreciate her concerns for his salvation, I want it to be 100% of his initiative.
I have been praying throughout the day for a woman (Jenn) at my church. She gave birth last night (two months early) to a little girl (Quinn Elizabeth) who weighed 2lb 4oz and had Trisomy 18. Quinn lived for 3 1/2 hours. I can only imagine how hard this must be for Jenn, her husband, and their other four children. In September Jenn lost her brother. He died in the line of duty in Afghanistan. Quinn is now with her Uncle in Heaven. I'm praying that I'll have the right words to say as one of Jenn's daughters is in the Sunday School class that I teach.
P.S. The pic in this post is one my sister took of her six beautiful children.
1 comment:
After experiencing the loss of 3 babies I don't think there are right words. I do know the people that had experienced it had asked me questions about what are children looked like, hair color, facial features. They made sure to acknowledge that our babies were real and others gave us sincere sympathy. The things you don't want to hear is its Gods will, she is better off, etc. Prayers for little Angel Quinn!
Post a Comment