Nadia has been flying through Amelia Bedelia, Frog and Toad, Little Bear, and other easy reader and picture books. I decided she was ready to start reading chapter books. Once I made that decision, she wanted one ASAP. She didn't want to wait until I went to the library on Monday. So on Saturday I looked to see if I could get any for the Kindle for free. I got one through the library's website. She was very enamored with using my Kindle to read. She started reading the book Saturday night, and by Monday afternoon she had read all 120 pages of Ivy and Bean. This book was just a tad beyond her independent reading level. I had to be sitting near by so that she could ask me for help when she got stuck on a word. She wants the challenge of a longer book. I checked out a Henry and Mudge book for her on Monday, but she was disappointed because it was much shorter. I need to keep searching to find some longer books that are at her current independent reading level. She did begin reading silently for the first time with the chapter book, and she loved the novelty of using the Kindle. I should find some more books for her to read on the Kindle also.
Thanks so much for the suggestion of using band aids on his belly button, Sheila! I had never thought of that. Ian's belly button has been an innie for a long time (Oliver's is still an outie), but he plays with it incessantly, and many times it's bright red. Hopefully this will help! This photo was taken yesterday morning, and I put new ones on this morning.
Yesterday I started working on job applications for myself. At first I thought I would only start applying for jobs that would start in August 2015, but I've decided to submit a few for jobs that start in August 2014 and see what happens. It took more work to do my first couple because I had to scan my transcripts and draft a cover letter, etc. From now on it shouldn't be any harder than it is to submit more for Paul. I'll just keep submitting them for both of us and see what happens. Paul has a phone interview on Friday with a community college in Maryland. This means that of the first nineteen applications I submitted for him, seven of the schools contacted him for at least a phone interview. The applications I submitted for myself were to schools in Georgia and North Carolina.

1 comment:
Glad it gave you a new idea. Did he keep them on? They made Evan furious and only lasted a few minutes but the threat of them was enough to make him temporarily stop! Great job Nadia what wonderful reading skills.
Post a Comment