Saturday, May 31, 2014

She scored a GOAL!!!

Nadia has been playing soccer for over a year. This is her third season, as she started in spring 2013. She has improved dramatically, particularly in making excellent defensive plays. She has come very close to scoring a goal on multiple occasions, but this afternoon she actually scored her very first goal. Paul and I immediately started screaming. She turned around and had a look of shock on her face, and then when it sunk it what had just happened, she ran over to her coach and announced, "I scored a goal!" Earlier in the game she came close twice to scoring a goal, and those times I had my camera ready. When she actually scored the goal, the camera was hanging around my neck. Oops! At least Paul and I both saw it, which was a little miracle because we were often distracted by making sure Oliver wasn't running on to the field. Next week is her last game of the season, and in August she'll start her first season on a U8 team, and Ian will start his first on a U6 team!










No comments: