1. Ian and Oliver both couldn't have oatmeal for awhile because it gave them the "runs." I haven't attempted to give Ian any oatmeal since then, but a few weeks ago I decided to give it a whirl with Oliver because he makes such a mess when eating a bowl of cold cereal or toast. It was a success! He's had oatmeal quite a few times since then, and it hasn't caused any GI problems for him. Yay! A bowl of oatmeal is far less messy for Oliver.
2. On Friday the homeschool gym class started up again. The kids enjoyed 90 minutes of basketball with the women's coach from Bucknell. Oliver enjoyed playing in the Well, and I enjoyed chatting with other moms. The class will go through May 1. I am so glad our church is offering this!
3. On Saturday the kids enjoyed one of our town's Easter egg hunts. I'm planning to take them to two more egg hunts this Saturday (another one in our town and one at our church). I made egg salad for us to eat at lunch and creamed egg on toast for dinner. My mom used to serve that when we had seen the orthodontist and needed a soft meal to eat. I hadn't had it in 20+ years and had never cooked it before. Ian actually liked it, which was a shock because usually he (and Oliver) don't like eggs in any form.
4. We enjoyed spending time with Paul's parents on Saturday night, and they treated us to pizza which was greatly appreciated! I was also able to use their smartphone to get some things for free from Shutterfly.
5. I enjoy playing Words with Friends. It's a pleasant diversion. I look forward to the day when the kids are big enough to play more challenging games.
6. Ian LOVES to wear a suit jacket. He insists on wearing one every Sunday.
7. We went to the playground today!!! It was in the 60's! We walked to the elementary school (a longer walk than our "usual" playground). I wore capri pants today (but not sandals yet).
8. Oliver took a nap today! He slept for 2 hours, which is a typical nap for him. He has been sleeping in later in the morning than usual, and when that happens he sometimes takes a shorter nap (maybe one hour), but the last two days he did not nap At All. I was VERY relieved when he fell asleep today, and also just as happy when he woke up because that meant it was time for us to head to the playground!
9. I took the kids to Friendly's last night. We used part of a gift card Ian had been given. I didn't get Oliver a meal (we all shared with him), and it only cost $15 for the four of us to have dinner, chocolate milk (for the kids), and ice cream sundaes. I needed to get out of the house because we didn't have AWANA last night, and Paul doesn't get home until about 8:45 on Wednesday nights. We also did a tiny bit of shopping at JcPenney, and this reinforced my notion that I will avoid taking the three kids to the mall by myself as much as possible.




No comments:
Post a Comment