Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Bike Shop

Over the past seven days, Paul has worked on four different bicycles. Last Wednesday he installed a new child seat onto my new bicycle. Thankfully, I purchased an already assembled bicycle, but installing the child seat was a time consuming project for him. Today he installed the hand brake on Nadia's Tinkerbell bike that my parents gave her for her birthday last year. We had discovered last summer that it was a little too big for her to use to learn how to ride without training wheels so I bought another bike last summer that was smaller. I purposefully got a blue one (not a girl color) because I figured it would actually become Ian's bike in the near future. Now that she's mastered riding that blue bike, she was promoted to her purple Tinkerbell bike today. This meant that Paul could lower the seat on the blue bike and install training wheels on it so Ian could use it. Once he becomes comfortable riding that bike with training wheels, Paul is going to start teaching Ian how to ride without training wheels. Finally, Paul lowered the seat on the bike Ian had been using so that Oliver could learn how to ride a two wheel bike.

Oliver can pedal our two tricycles (something our other two couldn't do when they were two years old), but he still doesn't prefer to do it. He had a harder time using the two wheel bicycle today. I am guessing he won't really start using it until next spring, but that's not a problem as he can ride one of the tricycles or ride on the seat on my bicycle. Hopefully Paul will get a break now from doing any work on the bicycles. What I want to know is why don't these bikes come with kickstands? Mine did, but Ian and Nadia's bikes don't have them.

Today was a hot day. In general it's been a very mild summer thus far. Today was the first time I was wishing we could go swimming. Even though we didn't get a membership this summer, I am planning on taking the kids swimming several times this summer. Today wasn't the best day for that since there wasn't much time after Oliver woke up from his nap before it was time for dinner and taking the kids to VBS.


No comments: