Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from the Kennedys! In November 2012 I started a tradition of writing in a journal each year. Nadia started writing a list in the journal in 2013, and Ian started writing in it last year. They enjoyed reading what they had written in the past when they wrote their lists this week. I try to write a gratitude list once a week on the blog, but of course those are just a few of the MANY blessings in my life. Some that I don't mention every week that certainly could be on the list would include:
1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ - I can't imagine my life without Him. I long for the day when I will see Him face to face. What a glorious day that will be! I'm very thankful that Nadia and Ian have become Christians.
2. My family - kids, husband, brother, sisters, parents, nieces, nephews, in-laws, etc.
3. Our planet - what an amazing creator God is! I love seeing a blue sky, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, leaves as they turned colors, flowers, etc.
4. Our country - we enjoy more freedom and prosperity than many others do around the world.
5. Music - I enjoy being able to sing in a choir and listen to music throughout the week.
6. Our health - Paul's mom has been doing SO much better lately than she had the previous couple of years. Oliver seems to be handling respiratory viruses better than he did last year. Maybe we can all avoid hospitalizations in the next year. I can now run 4-6 miles for the first time in my life.
7. Homeschooling - It is such a privilege to not only be their mom but also their teacher. I am so thankful for the progress that each of them have been making. To that end, I recorded two videos today (see below). Ian read the entire book (Silly Tilly's Thanksgiving Dinner) for the first time today. I recorded him reading just a few pages (because the video would have been awfully long as the book is more than 60 pages long). I also recorded Nadia identifying the countries of Europe. Next up will be Africa. Paul works with her on the maps after the boys
go to bed. I have really been enjoying our study of various countries. Next up is France. In particular I'm thankful for the progress Ian has made with eating and reading, that Nadia and Ian both learned to ride their bikes without training wheels, that Nadia stopped sucking her thumb this year, and that Oliver is done with potty training.
8. My camera - of course the reason I enjoy my camera is because of my three kids
9. Vacations, field trips, and amusement parks - I am very thankful for the two weeks we had in Florida with Paul's parents, the one week we had in Williamsburg with my parents, and many field trips and day trips to amusement parks. For example, the kids really love going to the children's museum where we now have an annual membership.
10. My friend, Cheri - we've been friends since January 2005. I might get to see her more often depending on where we move next year.
11. The library - what an awesome resource for homeschooling. We check out picture books, chapter books, books on cd, cd's of music, and dvd's. They also have been helpful with getting me books through interlibrary loan when they don't have the book in one of the three libraries in their system.
12. Our house - It keeps us warm and dry on cold days. Paul fixed the garage door today. I am very thankful that the van is in the garage for the first time in more than a month.
13. Gym class - Nadia and Ian really enjoy the 90 minute class each Friday, Oliver enjoys playing on the playland, and I enjoy talking to other homeschool moms (such as Allison). I'm also thankful for the other opportunities the kids have - AWANA, Upward basketball, AYSO soccer, gymnastics, ice skating lessons, tennis lessons, kid's choir, summer musical, summer camp, and that Nadia was able to be in Annie this past summer.
14. Oliver is such a good eater. What a relief this is to have a child who LOVES to eat vegetables! Nadia and Ian continue to make progress with eating a wider variety of foods.
This list could go on and on, but these are just a few of the many blessings in my life. The turkey is in the oven, and we are looking forward to Paul's parents, brother, and sister-in-law joining us later for the big meal. Hopefully Nadia and Ian will eat more of the meal than they have in the past. I hope that you have had a special day with friends and/or family as well!




No comments:
Post a Comment