My baby will turn four six years old months from today. Here are some ways he has changed over the last three months:
1. He has gotten MUCH better about not spilling his milk. Thank heavens. Now if we could get him to feed himself more consistently. This doesn't actually bother me, but it does bother Paul.
2. Although he has had a rough time over the past week with his nap, he still takes a nap from 1-3 most days, and in fact some days I have to wake him up after he has slept a full three hours. Here's to hoping and praying he doesn't give up his nap any time soon, although I know he'll most likely give it up before the end of 2016.
3. He's starting to learn his alphabet and numbers. He always identifies the letter "O" and the number "3" correctly, and he is usually able to identify a few other letters such as P, N, and M.
4. He's still a fabulous eater who eats almost every single thing he is offered. I even got him to eat eggs for the first time recently (during our study of Holland). Previously the only two things he would consistently reject were bananas and eggs. He keeps adding more fruits to the
list of foods he enjoys. A recent addition would be clementines. For example, he enjoyed the pita bread and hummus we ate last week during our study of Egypt, and Nadia, Ian, and I were not keen on the hummus.
5. He always says the correct age when someone asks him how old he is. Now we shall see whether he starts saying three and a half or not.
6. He has shown a lot of improvement with controlling his temper. Yay!
7. He's starting to outgrow some size 3T clothing. Say it isn't so! He weighs 35 pounds.
8. If he doesn't remember what his lesson was about in Sunday School, he says it was about "Jesus dying on the cross." Evidently they study that most weeks. Not really. Several weeks ago when Grandma and Pop Pop took the kids to church (when I was in Maryland), Oliver told them that his lesson was about "Peter jumping into the water." I am guessing it was on Peter walking on the water. His favorite song that he sings at church is "I'm in the Lord's Army." I'll have to take a video of him singing that song. He sang it for Grandma on the phone recently.


No comments:
Post a Comment