Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ian's glasses

Paul picked up Ian's glasses today. Hopefully he will have a smooth transition, and I'm hoping these glasses will last for awhile as they were not cheap. I think he still looks very cute. Now to see when or if the other two might end up wearing glasses. I got my first pair when I was about Ian's age, but Paul didn't get his first pair until his late 20's. Maybe Oliver and Nadia will take after Paul and not have glasses for a long time. I recently purchased my first pair of reading glasses. I just need them to read small print.

Nadia had commented recently that we hadn't been on any field trips lately. They only went on one in January (to an animal hospital). So today I took them to the Children's Museum. The homeschool hangout activities today focused on forces and motion. They had fun, and we left early enough that Oliver was still able to take his nap at home. It meant he took a nap in his bed two days in a row, which was a relief to me as he hadn't done well with his naps over the past week. Below you will find the video of Nadia identifying the countries of Africa. Good job, Nadia! I didn't learn the countries of Africa until I was in college taking a 3 credit course titled "Geography of Africa." Sadly I have forgotten many of them, but Paul has an excellent memory when it comes to geography so he helped her learn the countries. Only one more continent to go - Asia!




No comments: