We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Friday, June 23, 2017
One Pooped Mom
Summer is exhausting to me because I play chauffeur a lot more than I do during the school year. Thankfully most days aren't as hectic as today. We left the house around 9:25 (a little later than we should have) for art class. It was raining so Oliver and I stayed at the museum the whole time. I was hoping they would bring home what they created at the end of class today, but their teacher was putting on an art show (that we didn't attend) at 6pm and wanted to include their things. So we'll have to wait a bit to see all their stuff. The last three days we went straight from art class to our swimming pool, but since they had horseback riding lessons today, I opted to take them to a playground with a splash pad that was more en route to horseback riding lessons. On our way there we bought a few things at a consignment shop and a Surplus Outlet (grocery store). Ian didn't put on his bathing suit at the playground, but Nadia and Oliver did. Oliver spent the most time in the water and got himself totally soaked, even the hair on his head. Next they had their third horseback riding
lesson. After that we made a brief stop at the library before eating dinner (breakfast sandwiches) at Dunkin Donut. We also bought Nadia's donuts for her birthday breakfast tomorrow. Then we went to our church for a family worship service (about baptism), ate some food, and then the kids used the water inflatables. I was exhausted so at 8:00 I said it was time to come home as we were gone for almost 11 hours, and I was wiped out. Next week won't be as hectic as the kids will have swimming/tennis lessons (they both take place at the same location) from 9:00-11:30 and Sports Camp from 6:00-8:30. Neither one is as far away as the art class was. We'll probably swim at our pool some after the lessons are over, but then we'll have a little time at home (and eat dinner here). I'll have Paul pick them up at 8:30. I think the boys are oblivious, but Nadia does frequently thank me for "signing her up for things" as she puts it. I appreciate her gratitude because part of me would rather spend more time sitting on my couch at home. Sometimes I think I'm too old for this, but I keep pressing on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment