On Wednesday the kids were okay with staying home instead of going to DelGrosso's as long as we had lunch in our town's park (Kid's Café) and VBS that night. Yesterday was a really hectic day. We left the house at 8:20am, and they didn't get home until 8:40PM. I was home for about 90 minutes of that time while they were at VBS, but it still was a long day. Today we had a play date at the playground for 2.5 hours but other than that are staying home. Nadia lobbied for me to take them swimming, but I wasn't interested because there would be a one hour (round trip) drive involved. I think Paul will take them swimming either tomorrow evening or Sunday afternoon.
Although part of me is already looking forward to deactivating my FB account again, it has been a blessing this summer to have access to it because I've been able to gain access to pics of the kids playing tennis, Ian at Camp Susque, and also at the VBS they attended this week. I also scanned two of the horseback riding photos today from camp this summer.
Years ago I had set one of my goals to attend a BSF study for at least one year. I have done ladies Bible studies at different churches over the years and lately have been doing Precepts inductive Bible studies at our church, but that was one of the things I gave up part way through the last school year. They haven't announced yet what Precepts studies they will be offering at our church this fall, but I think I'm going to give BSF a whirl instead. They have a program for the kids also which means the four of us will be studying the minor prophets together during the week as the kids and I do our "homework" in preparation for the next class. I had been planning on doing a study of the book of James with them this fall, but I'm fine with switching to the minor prophets. It will be on Monday nights. Since the kids aren't doing any team sports this fall, I don't have to worry about whether it will conflict with a practice until we hit basketball season.












No comments:
Post a Comment