Yesterday was an incredibly beautiful day. It crossed my mind that yesterday's weather would have been perfect for a day at Knoebels, but that was not to be. It also hit me that I'm not sure how Paul would have finished removing the deck if we had gone to Knoebels on Sunday afternoon. He didn't go to church on Sunday morning because of the deck project, and he was still working on it when the kids and I left around 4:20pm to go to the church dinner that night. He worked a really long day at the plant yesterday (left at 4am and got home at 7pm) so there wouldn't have been time for him to work on it yesterday. He did the last little bit this morning before the contractor arrived. He is exhausted!
Yesterday my agenda included some homeschooling, taking a walk while the kids rode their bikes (a little shy of 3 miles round trip), typing up the list of goals to submit to the school district for Ian and Nadia for the next school year, and weeding and mulching the flower beds. I had purchased the mulch on April 23. I was glad to finally have time to spread it. Now to see when Paul will have time to install the two window well covers I purchased that day. If I knew how to use a drill, I'd do it myself.
I was bopping back and forth today. I left at 7:45 to go meet with a student teacher. Then I was at home for a few hours before I went to meet with two other student teachers. Next, I was grading at home for about 40 minutes before I left for my haircut appointment. When I got home it was time to get dinner on the table. After dinner I turned my attention to grading for a few hours. I completed the final student teaching rubrics and submitted the course grades for my student teachers. I graded one section of math methods final exams and submitted their course grades. I graded one section of assessment final exams and submitted their courses grades. Throughout the day I also responded to emails from students. My last exam this semester is at 12:30 tomorrow, and it's my smallest section (21 students compared to 35 and 30 in the courses that had exams today). I still have no idea if BU will be offering me a contract for next year. It would be nice if I found out (at least informally) over the next few days because if I'm not returning then I'll turn in my key on Saturday and take a few personal belongings home from my office when I'm on campus for commencement. One thing I didn't do today was take any pictures.
Grading is not my favorite activity in life. I hope I feel a sense of relief after I complete that activity tomorrow as I should have at least a four month break from grading. As far as homeschooling, at this point we're down to two subjects a day - reading and piano. The newest Lemoncello book came out today so we had to switch to that from what we had been reading because Nadia *adores* the Mr. Lemoncello books.
No comments:
Post a Comment