1. My new cellphone arrived on Friday, and I got it activated at a Verizon store on Saturday. The battery and the camera are MUCH better on my new phone, and I like the face scan feature better than the fingerprint one that my old phone had. The pictures in this post were taken with my cell phone. I definitely won't totally abandon my DSLR, but I expect the ratio of cell phone pics to DSLR pics to definitely shift now that I have a better phone. I'm also thankful for the cell phone stabilizer that my Dad and Margie got me for my birthday. I haven't used it yet, but I know I will!
2. We didn't do anything special to celebrate my birthday on the actual day (aside from me opening the Amazon package from my Dad), but my friend, Cheri, met me at 3:30 at Panera on Saturday. If you combined late breakfast/ early lunch, you call it brunch. What do you call a meal that's either a very late lunch or an early dinner/supper? I needed to work around Paul's work schedule, and Cheri had to work around her uncle's schedule. She's his caregiver at the moment, and he has Alzheimer's. Paul met us there on his way home from work and took the kids home. At first I was going to cook a meal for them to eat while I was eating out, but then I decided to ask Paul to make omelets. He can make those, and it had been a very long time since the kids had eaten one. I really enjoyed my strawberry poppyseed salad that Cheri paid for, and I also really enjoyed talking with her for about 90 minutes. We hadn't talked much recently so we actually needed more time than that, but I was thankful for the time we did get together. I hadn't seen her in person since I took her out for her birthday about 3 months ago.
![]() |
| Do you see the vehicles after the fields? That's where we parked. We got a workout going uphill! |
3. Although the weather was cold and windy, the kids enjoyed the day at Camp Susque on Thursday. I think the highlights for them were lunch (playing on the playground and chatting with friends) and the climbing wall. They came home with three tornado tubes that were each connecting two 2 liter bottles from the weather lesson they had that morning.
4. I placed an order for Lego sets last August through an advertisement on Facebook. Big mistake. I will never, ever click on any ads on Facebook again. The company sent me one scarf instead of four Lego sets. I tried to dispute the charge through the credit company to no avail. In September they said they would resend the Legos after they acknowledged their error, but then in December they told me they would give me zero Legos and a 50% refund since I had received a scarf (that I didn't want and never plan to use). They supposedly put the partial refund through in January, but I still haven't received any money back. I asked Paul to try calling the credit card company, and he did so yesterday. Would you believe they offered him a credit for the full amount we were charged by that company last August? I'm not sure if it's because a man contacted them or if it's because we hadn't used the credit card at all for a few months whereas it had been our primary card, but I'm very thankful. I had mailed them all sorts of documentation and that never got me anywhere, but Paul's one call was a success, if the guy he talked to at Citi today was telling the truth. As a side note, my friend, Cheri, had a similar experience when she clicked on an ad on Facebook. She purchased boots, and they sent her the wrong size and only gave her about $10 back (and she had paid a lot more than that). So that makes me think my experience might not be a fluke.
5. We had pretty weather on Friday, which meant I took a walk with Oliver and Milo and also mowed the lawn. On Saturday the kids and I attended a program by a Biology professor about farming.
6. Although we barely saw her on Sunday, Nadia enjoyed going to her coach's house for more Bible Bowl practice after church on Sunday. She was home for a couple of hours before we took her to youth group. We had thought of going to Knoebels that day after church, but Nadia didn't want to go. She loves rollercoasters, but she likes the youth worship service, Bible Bowl, and the evening youth group even more. It's a bit tricky because Sunday is Paul's only day off from work and yet Nadia doesn't really like to do day trips on Sundays. We are planning to go to Knoebels next Sunday after church as we can go for free that day. We didn't go to Knoebels at all in 2020, and we were only there for a couple of hours in 2019. It's the amusement park closest to our house.
7. I've been talking to Paul's mom on a pretty regular basis again. Woohoo! She's on oxygen because of her wheezing from COVID, but it's great to hear her voice, and they are trying to get her walking again.
9. Our library had the first three books of the Frog Princess series on CD. We really enjoyed them. I requested the fourth book on CD through ILL, and I picked it up at the library yesterday. We love libraries!
10. Ian did an amazing job reciting all of Matthew chapter 7 on Friday! I was so pleased that I gave him $5.00.
11. Someone at the orthodontist office turned Ian's expander yesterday. Hopefully I can successfully turn it six more times before next Monday. The end is in sight!
12. Milo's restrictions are over! He's allowed to run and jump again.





No comments:
Post a Comment