Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Thankful Tuesday

1. Grandma is being transferred back to the nursing home today from the hospital. Hopefully this time she can stay there longer than two days! She will be in quarantine for fourteen days at the nursing home.

2. Milo's surgery was uneventful. The vet said to keep him in the crate with an Elizabethan collar for two weeks aside from when we took him for walks on a leash. We by no means have followed those instructions. I'm sure Milo is very grateful we haven't. We use a pool noodle collar when he's in the crate overnight but otherwise we just watch him like a hawk. He finished his pain medication today, and the swelling is going down at his surgical site. So far he hasn't marked the territory inside the house, and he hasn't been wearing a belly band. 

These two boys have so much fun with empty boxes!


3. The kids really enjoyed watching two of the Left Behind movies together this weekend. Nadia has started reading the first book (the adult not the kids' version), which the first movie was based off of. 

4. I only have to turn the key in Ian's expander for one more week. The expander could have been removed next Monday, but the orthodontist won't be in that day, and he didn't have any available appointments for the following Monday either. So the plan is for the expander to be removed and braces to be put on Ian's teeth on May 3.

Nadia's painting


5. The boys really liked the phyllo meat pie that I made on Sunday. Ian said to me, "you definitely have to make this again." It's a recipe that is commonly served in Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Armenia, Tunisia, Bulgaria, etc. Tonight I made cheese enchiladas for the first time. I made the sauce for the first time, and let me tell you I'll be using this sauce recipe again the next time I make any type of enchilada. Usually I make chicken enchiladas, but these enchiladas that I made tonight were the tastiest I've ever made. YUM! Thankfully all three kids also liked them! Paul hasn't had dinner yet so the verdict is still out on whether he'll like them or not. 

6. My dentist appointment on Friday was uneventful. Nadia was grateful to earn a little babysitting money. 

Nadia and I have been remodeling the Death Star.

7. The kids and I enjoyed having dinner at Red Robin on Saturday. Nadia was grateful for the shoes and clothes that I bought her at a thrift store that day. She almost wears the same size shoes as me! 

8. Nadia and Ian have been having a grand time building with Legos in Ian's room lately.

Nadia and Ian have been working on this 6 story Lego structure.

9. Some of the trees have blossoms! 

10. Ian has really been enjoying reading the book Scary Stories for Young Foxes

No comments: