Saturday, July 21, 2007

OUCH!

Well yesterday morning Paul gave me the Lupron on the left side (side that doesn't have bruises) and it was painless. Then he gave me the Repronex on my right side and it REALLY hurt - the area immediately got red and swollen. Thankfully the Follistim last night was painless. I have never been bothered by Follistim injections.

So this morning I asked him to give me the Repronex on my left side in case that might make it less painful. So first he went to give me the Lupron on my right side. I screamed and so he removed the needle before giving me the med. It still got red and swollen. He didn't think the needle had gone in at all, but when he saw the skin reaction I had he believed me it had gone in some. So then he switched to my left side which is usually my good side and for some reason it hurt a lot on that side as did the Repronex. So I ended up with three areas on my tummy that were red and puffy. I have no idea why the Lupron hurt so much today. This was day 16 of Lupron and most days it hasn't hurt. The nurse had warned me about the Repronex. She said they prefer to prescribe Menopur because it causes significantly fewer injection site reactions than Repronex does, but she said some insurance companies only pay for Repronex. I guess that must be why they gave me an Rx for Repronex rather than Menopur. It was really bad this morning. After the third stab (really the second injection) I was crying. All three spots were really hurting. I think both Paul and I are going to be a bit gun shy tomorrow morning. Thankfully I know the shot tonight will NOT hurt. I've had about 60 Follistim injections over the past 3 years, and they never hurt anywhere near as badly as the two hurt this morning. I'm going to try icing the areas tomorrow before the injections to see if that helps. Plus I will remind myself that I have 2 days done and probably about 8 more days at most to go. Scary thing is everyone says the PIO shots are the most painful of all, and I haven't had any of those yet. Oh well this will all be SO worth it if we see a heartbeat on an ultrasound in a few weeks.

No comments: