We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Friday, January 11, 2008
FET Refund
While we were away, the hospital finally processed my refund for the FET. I had decided to call when we got back if it hadn't been processed yet (as the FET was Nov 1 and I had already gotten bills from the insurance saying what they wouldn't pay for by the end of Nov). We got $497 back of the $2,250 we prepaid for the FET. Originally I had thought we'd get about $750 back, but that was before I learned that they actually did assisted hatching (which costs $250). Of course I am VERY glad they did AH. I still wonder "what if" they had done AH in August if maybe we might not have lost those three embies. I wanted it done in August and November, and Dr. A was opposed both times. But someone in the embyrology lab must have thought otherwise as it was performed on the thawed blastocyst (even though we didn't even sign consent for it to be done). I wasn't as anxious this time for the refund since #1 well it WORKED so frankly it was worth every tiny penny and #2 we weren't gearing up for another fertility cycle. Usually I wanted to get the money back from the last one before we shelled out more for the next one. But still I am glad to get some of the $$ back since our insurance pays for the bloodwork and ultrasounds. Some people have to pay cash for everything related to IVF, and of course others pay for almost nothing. My cousin who just gave birth recently to twin boys from IVF in 2007 only had to pay for AH. Everything else was covered by her insurance. And she also lives in PA. But this little baby is worth every penny we paid to the hospital that is for sure!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment