Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gift for Baby!

Well last night baby was given 3 t-shirts from Hawaii by my handbell choir director (they were on a 2 week cruise there earlier this month). This was the first gift that was just for baby. We have been given things for baby as Christmas and bday gifts, but this was the first gift just for baby that wasn't associated with a bday/Christmas gift for Mom or Dad. Now, I hope baby is a girl, because if baby is a boy I think I'll only use the blue one. Anyhow it was very sweet of Carol to be thinking of our little one in Hawaii and bring back these t-shirts for him/her!!!! They are size 12 month so they should fit next summer. Hawaii is a place we want to go to some day. I used to think it was too far to fly, but now that I've flown to China (13 hours non-stop) I think I could fly to Hawaii particularly if we flew to CA first and broke it up a bit. And now that it seems Paul is going to PSU and we won't be living on $23K a year, we can keep taking family vacations. YAHOO! So maybe baby will go to Hawaii sometime in the next few years. :-)
I weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find out that I haven't gained any weight the last 2 weeks. So I am at 19w4d and have gained 8 pounds total so far. Only SEVEN more days until the BIG ultrasound. YIPPPEEEE! I can't wait!!!! We've been discussing girl's names again as I told Paul I'd really like to have one by next Tues as if baby is a girl I'd like to start referring to her by name. I have been second guessing myself about whether I really felt baby move yesterday. I guess if it happens again I'll feel more certain I really did feel baby.
I did not sleep well last night At All. It's so crazy how you can have a bunch of really good things happen in a day (the PSU acceptance was the biggest by far) and yet your mind just goes back to the one bad thing. I prayed about it, sang songs in my head, thought about other topics, etc. and could not let go of it for the life of me. Finally around midnight I got up and did some Bible study and then went back to bed. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

I emailed my department chair this morning and asked if my grad class can be moved from Monday to Thursday nights in the fall. I have handbells on Monday nights and had to take last fall off due to teaching so I'd rather not miss another four months of handbells if possible. Also, I found that to be too long of a day to teach 8-11am and also 5-7pm on the same day. So we shall see if he's able to switch me. We haven't decided for sure, but I am thinking at this point to work FT in the fall and see how it goes. If at any point it's too much, I can go on (unpaid) leave part way through the semester. It seems like it might work when baby is 1-4 months old to have a babysitter watch baby in my office for 9 hours a week. Then I am thinking of cutting back to PT in the spring (teach 2 night classes a week). Also, this would work best if we end up moving out farther toward PSU that I go to work more often while we're still living only 15 minutes away. Part of the decision will be based on how much PSU is going to offer Paul as far as the stipend goes. Hopefully the letter will come in the mail today. Paul has been hesitant to get really excited about it until the letter is in his hands.

It's snowing here AGAIN today. Ladies Bible study was cancelled again. I am not going to cancel my class tonight though since I already cancelled it once this semester for snow/ice. I think it's supposed to turn to rain later today so hopefully when I travel this afternoon the roads will be fine.

2 comments:

Sprout's House said...

I love the t's Ruth! I can't believe you are already 19wks!! My goodness time flies. Tahnks for tagging me and please take good care of yourself and your little one. : )

The Adventures of Jing and Ying said...

I am lovin' that shirt on the far left...the one with the hula dancer!

I can't wait for your ultrasound. Counting down the days :)

Erica