Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning!

Well this weekend and again this morning Paul and I were doing spring cleaning. Paul completed a few small projects in light of the realtor coming this afternoon to give us any idea as to what price to list our house. For example, he painted the ceiling in one bathroom. I have to say he's a great painter. He actually painted for a living for a brief period of time when he lived in New Mexico, but I think it's more about the fact he's a perfectionist. He did most of the work this weekend with vacumming and cleaning a couple of windows and such. What a great hubby! He doesn't want me to overdo it for our daughter's sake. Hopefully we'll get good news today from the realtor as far as a reasonable asking price. We haven't decided yet whether to try to sell it on our own for a few weeks or just list it with a realtor right away. It would be great to avoid the 6% commission but there are other factors to take into consideration like we'd really like to move prior to our daughter's arrival if possible. So we're praying our house is under contract by the end of April if possible.

This Thursday we are looking at 6 houses in the area where we are thinking of moving. They range in price from about $30K less than what we paid for our current house (4 years ago) to $55K more than that same amount. So there's a pretty big gap between the cheapest and most expensive house that we are looking at. It's times like these when I am glad we live in a rural area as I know these homes would go for FAR more in other locations. The first home I bought (in January 2001) cost about $72K or something like that. In the area where my parents live there is NO way to buy a 3 bedroom ranch with a basement and one car attached garage for that price! One of the homes we are going to look at has a photo tour online if anyone wants to check it out. I think it might be my favorite. Naturally it's the most expensive one, LOL. We don't need a separate detached garage since there's already a 2 car attached garage but I wouldn't avoid buying the house just bc it had too much garage space, LOL. I also think it's nuts that the playhouse has running water, electricity, and cable, but the playhouse DOES look really cool! We shall see what we think of the 6 houses after we tour them on Thursday.

Tomorrow is my 3rd prenatal OB appt. I haven't been counting down the days like I was for the first two OB appts in light of the u/s appt last week. It doesn't seem like as big a deal to hear the h/b after getting to watch her move around. Also, now that I feel her move many times a day every day, I am not needing the reassurance like I wanted before from the h/b check. I have no desire to rent a fetal doppler now that I feel her move every day. Paul gets a kick out of the fact that she's a night owl like him. :-) She doesn't seem to wake up until after about 12pm. Tomorrow at 6pm we have our tour of the L&D areas at the hospital where I'll give birth (the same one where the RE is not where my OB is). It's the first of three "classes" that I signed up for. This one and the infant CPR one are both free. The only one I'll have to pay for is the b/fing one.

2 comments:

lmstephenson said...

That is a cute house. Good luck selling your current home. We are putting our home on the market next month. We have a lot of painting to do. Our first house was a 2 bedroom, 720 sq ft home with 1 bath and a 2 car detached garage. We paid $25,000 for it. Most people would have run away screaming when they saw it, but we made it into a cute little home. We were very happy there.

Ruth said...

I hope your house sells quickly too, Lynn! That's amazing about your first house only costing 25K! Wow!!! :-) Good luck with all the painting...not fun but can definitely help you get a better price on your home! How's the building coming on your new home?