I will be 32w pg on Friday, and I am still getting comments from some folks that I "don't look pg." Unbelievable! I am carrying around a 4 lb. baby and still don't look pg?!?!? Yesterday I was chatting with a lady prior to the mtg who asked me what I was doing this summer, and I was telling her I was teaching now but was taking July and August off. She asked me why, and I said because I am having a baby in July and her jaw dropped. She looked at me and said, "You look great; you don't even look pg!" I think she meant it as a compliment. I told her I had gained a little over 20 lbs so far, and she said she gained 45 with her first pgcy and 50 with her second. Oh well, if I am still not looking obviously pg at 32 weeks I don't think I ever will! I was wearing a maternity top no less. The upside is that so far I don't have any stretch marks (although that might be from using the almond oil twice a day), and my belly button hasn't popped out yet either.
I am sooo anxious to set up her nursery. I think since my bil, Joe, will be here in a couple of days that I am going to ask him to help Paul do some rearranging. I want to switch the dresser that's in the blue/yellow room with the one in the purple room as it's of the height it could be used as a changing table whereas the one in the purple bedroom is very tall. Also I figure he can help Paul carry the crib box upstairs, and we can still wait another week to actually assemble it (just in case we get an offer on the house in the next week). It seems to me we won't be moving until after she's born since our house hasn't even been shown the last 3 1/2 weeks. It's a great time to be a buyer, but not a good time to be a seller. I have purchased two more items on eBay that are handmade to match the Gossamer Wings collection - a clock personalized with her name and 4 outlet covers. We received a matching light switch cover (Kidsline does make those) at the shower. I wish we could just move into the house we like in June. Then she'd have a pink bedroom, but we really don't want to own two homes. So I think she'll be starting off in the purple bedroom. I will not use the wallpaper border in this room, but I can use everything else!
1 comment:
I had to laugh about how PG you look at 32 weeks and how they may never notice. Lots of first time moms especially really pop out those last 3-4 weeks! The popped out belly button and stretch marks are still a very real possibility :)
Post a Comment