This morning I left about 7:30am to take the Metro into DC to the Convention Center. The first session I attended was excellent. The second one I could have done without. I spoke at 12:30 and about 60 people attended my session. I think probably more would have come, but they didn't give a lunch break, and I think many were going to lunch at that time. I am not saying I think over 1,200 would have come to my session as was the case for the 1st one I attended, but I do think I would have had over 100 if mine had been in the morning. After my session I went back home. I missed my girl!! She turned 10 months old today!! She did really well for my mom except she cried a lot before her 2nd nap (only made one whimper when my mom put her down for her 1st nap). A couple of pastors and their wives from the church where my Dad is pastor are coming over for dinner. I plan to leave about 7pm so that Nadia will hopefully sleep all the way home. I'd stay longer if I didn't have a b/w and u/s appt tomorrow morning at 9am.
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Friday, April 24, 2009
10 months old!
Yesterday my E2 was 1,267, and thankfully my P4 was very low (less than 1) which is what they want to see at this stage. Dr. A measured 7 follies (6 on the right and 1 on the left) that were 11-13mm and said there were lots of small ones on both sides (he considers small less than 10mm). I go back tomorrow morning for b/w and another u/s. I am guessing I'll trigger on Sunday or Monday and have the ER on Tuesday or Wednesday. The phlebotomist tried to use my right arm, but only one little squirt of blood came out. So she had to use my already very bruise up left arm. It's now green, yellow, purple, etc. Dr. A wanted me to stay at the same dosage (75iu of Follistim and 75iu of Menopur). Although Menopur is a little easier on the belly than Repronex, it still burns the most of the 3 different meds going into my belly. Dr. A said he expects to see many more follicles over 10mm tomorrow. He seemed pleased which was reassuring to me. Tomorrow Paul can watch Nadia at home during my appt. Let me say it's a challenge to hold a baby in your arms while your legs are in stirrups. She'll sit in the stroller while my blood is drawn, but the u/s takes too long so I didn't put her in the stroller yesterday during my u/s.
We arrived at my parents' house at about 2:45pm. She slept the first 45 minutes of the trip and then stayed awake and was happy for another 90 minutes as long as I periodically reached back and fed her a few Cheerios and kept singing songs along with her CDs which I had brought for the trip. Around 1:15 she started screaming. I thought maybe she'd fall back asleep, but once I was certain she wasn't, I pulled off at the next exit and we spent some time in Wendy's where I changed her diaper, fed her a banana, and let her get some wiggles out. She cried a little once we got back in the car, but then she slept about 40 more minutes. She woke up just a little before we got to my parents' house. She enjoyed playing with Grandma's toys (some of which were mine as a child and others were purchased when my brother was a baby) and of course enjoyed chasing their cat, Patches. Patches got her exercise running away from Nadia.
Then we celebrated my bday at a Mexican restaurant. The food was delicious although I ate too much! We shared an order of sopapillas for dessert; I hadn't had sopapillas in years. We used to eat them when we lived in Texas (1978-1980). Then when the waiter found out we were celebrating my bday, he came back with a sombrero for me to wear while they sang to me and presented me with fried ice cream (complete with a candle!). So then we shared that dessert. Nadia liked the vanilla ice cream. :-) When we got back home I opened my presents. Maurice got me a book for Nadia about Beluga whales, and my parents got me Steeler stuff (a polo shirt, socks, plastic sign for my office, and a Hines Ward jersey). I am very glad to have the polo shirt as it's something I could wear to school if the Steelers win a playoff game or something like that. I really wanted something to wear to work after the last 2 Superbowl victories and didn't feel a t-shirt was appropriate attire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They don't let you mix the repronex and menopur? I get to mix my stims meds and give only one shot.
Post a Comment