Monday, April 20, 2009

Shopping for Daddy

Saturday afternoon the 3 of us headed to the mall to buy some clothes for Paul for our vacation while his car was being inspected at Sears. The last time he bought swimming trunks was 2001 in preparation for our honeymoon. He needed a larger size; so Saturday we bought Paul 2 pairs of swimming trunks, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 t-shirts, and 2 short sleeved polo shirts all for about $100. I was tempted to get myself a new swimsuit also as I haven't had a new one in several years either, but we had already shopped for about one hour and Nadia was getting fussy. Since #1 I haven't reached my goal weight (although I have lost 30 lbs total and am currently 8 lbs from my goal) #2 I am hoping my belly starts expanding in the not too distant future due to being pg, and #3 shopping is a lot harder with a little one, I haven't been buying clothes for myself the last 10 months.

I had blood drawn at my primary care doctor at 10am. I guess I should have taken the 7:45 appt they first offered me, but I was trying not to interfere with Nadia's nap, and 10am is soon enough after her first nap is over that I knew it wouldn't interfere with her 2nd nap. In hindsight I could have gone at 7:45 by myself as Paul didn't leave until much later. The nurse called at 1:30 to say they didn't have my results yet so they were just going to assume that #1 I should stay at the same dosages and #2 that I should go in for my first u/s tomorrow. They had told me last week my first u/s would be either this Tues or Wed depending on the b/w results from Monday. Around 4pm as I was calling the pharmacy to refill my Follistim, they called back and said they did get my results and they were higher than anticipated. I usually ask for a precise number, but I figured I could just check online later. Wrong. My results aren't posted yet online! Ugh. They said to keep my Menopur the same (75iu) but cut back my Follistim from 150iu to 75iu. Wow, how high was my E2 for them to cut my Follistim in half? The last ivf cycle they kept it at 150 the whole time, but other inj/iui cycles it was cut back to say 125 or something like that. The last time my E2 was 166 after 3 days of meds. I wish I knew what it was today, but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out. So please pray that my E2 doesn't go up too high. I don't want my cycle cancelled due to overstimulation. I wonder if it's because they cut my Lupron back from 20 units to 10 units a day?

My u/s and b/w is scheduled for 8:00 tomorrow morning. I am hoping that Nadia will sleep on the way to the doctor and also the way home. That still won't equal her normal morning nap (which has been 90 minutes lately), but hopefully her afternoon nap will be longer than usual tomorrow as it's only been 30 minutes lately. Not Good. Today it was only 25 minutes long!!! Tomorrow will be a long day as I'll be participating in interviews from 1:15-4:30 and then teach from 5:00-7:15pm. I am praying for good news tomorrow from the u/s and b/w.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

If you get cancelled due to overstimulation, you'd still have eggs retrieved and fertilized for a future cycle, right? I'm NOT saying that's what you want to have happen, I'm just wondering if the whole thing's a bust like when someone understims? I'll pray for you!

Nothing like b/w and u/s on your birthday. ;)

TylerandBrianne said...

I am praying for you tomorrow. Just gave my second shot and just 2 more till my 1st US and lab work.