This morning as I started to get the kids ready to leave for Nadia's gymnastics class, I realized I didn't know where my camera was. I was going to take it with me to try to get some pictures of her at her class. I searched high and low for about 15 minutes and came up empty handed. We went to gymnastics and stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way home. I've been enjoying my weekly egg, cheese, and bagel sandwich. Today I also got ham on it because I had a coupon. Ian fell asleep on the way home, and even though it wasn't even noon yet, I took off his coat and put him in his crib. That was a wise move as he then slept until 1pm. YAY! While Nadia was eating her lunch I resumed my search. While they both napped I continued to tear the house apart albeit I had far more important things I should have been doing like grading. I was obsessed with finding it! I did take a few breaks from my search to fold a load of laundry and empty the dishwasher. I am happy to report that I did find it later in the afternoon. It was driving my crazy not knowing where it was! I'll have to bring my camera to gymnastics next week because it's her last class for this session.
Ian is sooo unpredictable with his naps!! On Monday his first nap was long, yesterday both naps were short, and today his second nap was long. Three different scenarios even though he went down around the same time every day (except his second nap started earlier than usual today). He woke up at 5:35 on Sunday and Monday and 5:45am yesterday. I was hoping we'd keep inching back towards 6:00, which had been his wake-up time up until the day after Thanksgiving. However, last night he wanted to go to sleep around 6pm (an hour earlier than normal), and I absolutely couldn't wake him up. I bounced him on my knee, and he slept through that! I finally thought well sometimes an earlier bedtime can help. Wrong. He got up at 4:50 this morning. I should add that I did feed him once more around 7:45pm last night. I didn't go get him until 5:20am. I didn't want to wake Nadia up because she had got up early the previous two days. Yesterday she got up at 5:00, which was 45 minutes earlier than Ian! Not Good! Thankfully this morning she went back to her usual wakeup time - 6:30. Between the two of them it seems like a miracle if I am still in bed at 6am. The good news is that over the course of 3 days Ian took 2 long naps. I'd love it if that become more frequent.
I weighed Ian today and was pleased that he now weighs 21lbs 6 oz. He's gaining at a faster pace than he did from 10-11 months old, but he's still at about the same percentile that he was at 11 months (31.8 now) whereas he was at the 40th percentile in October. I think it's because he's not eating solid foods yet. From 12 months to 23 months I had Nadia drink 2% milk, and she's been driving skim milk since she turned two years old. I've been giving Ian a combination of formula and 2% milk, but I think I'm going to switch to whole milk for him until he starts eating solids to help boost his caloric intake. We do add cereal to all his bottles. Yesterday he ate a little bit of pears for me, but then he threw it all up at the end. Feeding him solids has become a really frustrating thing for me.
P.S. I want to clarify that these three pictures were taken when the kids were playing together yesterday in Nadia's crib. I didn't want anyone to think that when she sleeps there are THAT many stuffed animals in her crib with her. She does sleep with several but not anywhere near that many!
1 comment:
Our pediatrician had us use whole milk till they were 2. (the older kids) The twins will probably at 1 adjusted use pediasure which is so expensive. It is way more than formula. I think I will keep Bailey on formula for a few extra months because of her development. I want her to continue to get the extra nutrients and vitamins for better brain development.
Post a Comment