Sunday, January 30, 2011

31 Months (and 6 days) old



Although I am still aware of what day of the week it is due to the various activities which take place on different days, I am losing track as to what the date is now that I'm a SAHM. I missed noticing when it was January 24th. Thankfully I didn't forget to call my sister on her birthday (21st).


Nadia is definitely the oldest child. She can be rather bossy to Ian. I have been teaching her that only Mommy or Daddy tell Ian "no." There are times when her tattling comes in handy. A few days ago when I was going to the bathroom she ran to me and said, "Ian is ripping Mommy's Bible." I had been doing my Bible study the night before and left my workbook and Bible on the couch. Not Good. I've had the Bible since 1994 and wasn't pleased that Ian had ripped three pages (two from the concordance and one map). I taped the pages back together and hopefully will remember not to leave it in a place where Ian can reach it.

She recently began to pronounce "th". She now says "No thank you, I'm good" rather than "No bank you." I actually felt a little sad that she learned to say it correctly, lol.

As you can see from the video above, she learned her first Bible verse last week! For now I've decided to have her learn the verse that is on the paper she takes home from Sunday School. In the fall she'll be learning verses for AWANA (Cubbies). I didn't teach her the reference. I figured for now we'll just work on the text of the verse. It took her about 3 days to really master it. I hope she says it to Miss Saranda this morning!
 
She's also starting to pray at meal times. For months she's said "amen" after I've prayed, but now she's praying on her own. It's so sweet! She almost always says "thank you for Grandma." She thanks God for Grandma while praying at least twice a day, lol.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

For the last year or so, Noah has been praying "And please help Mommy to have a little baby". It has caused me to blush when we're in public and he prays this, or with people who don't know our struggles. :) But I wouldn't ask him to quit praying for it either!! :)