Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ian's New Favorites

Ian loves his new stuffed animal. He holds on to it for about 12 hours a day. It's definitely his new favorite toy. Nadia has tried to take it a few times, but we remind her that she has MANY stuffed animals, and this is Ian's only one. It reminds me of the parable Nathan told David when confronting him (or in VeggieTales verbiage - it reminds me of King George and the rubber ducky, lol). Speaking of Nadia's favorite stuffed animal (Larry), I forgot to tell a humorous anecdote from our vacation. When we were going through security at BWI, they pulled the toy bag off the conveyer belt for further examination. I told them it was just full of books and toys for the kids to use on the airplane. The woman removed Larry the cucumber from the bag. Evidently he looked suspicious to the TSA workers. They took him over to this machine and put a wand all over him. It was hard not to burst out laughing. I wanted to take a picture, but I was guessing that isn't allowed. The TSA workers in New Orleans didn't give him any special treatment on the way back home.

On Friday we went to the library for preschool story time. I found out that next month they're starting a Tot time (for ages 4 months - 2 years old) on Tuesday mornings, but that's when I have ladies Bible study. It's not a big deal because Ian does amazingly well at the preschool story time. I know I'm a bit biased, but as I looked around the room, I came to the conclusion that although most of the children there were between the ages of 2-5, Ian was the best behaved. He sat in my lap and fixed his eyes on the librarian and paid attention for a full 30 minutes. He even clapped at times! Some other moms were pointing to him and saying "look at that baby." I can only hope that his attention span will remain so wonderful. Of course he was too young to participate in the craft time that followed story time, but I do let Nadia participate in that part now. I checked out 3 books for myself, some books and a Clifford hand puppet for the kids, and a DVD for Paul. Ian absolutely loves one of the books I checked out. It's now his favorite book. I have never seen a book with "scanimation" before. It's really neat! I can see why the kids like the book Waddle so much!

No comments: