Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cars and Cones

For a few weeks Ian has always been putting a person in the driver's seat of any vehicle he's playing with. If a person (be that a Little People or from the dollhouse or a Lego person) isn't nearby, he'll put any small random item in the driver's seat. It cracks me up! For example last night I put a Little People car on his tray when he was sitting in his highchair. Since I forgot to give him a person, he put a Ritz cracker that he had been licking where the person is supposed to go. LOL!

Ian's favorite toy at the moment is an ice cream cone. The ice cream part is soft and attaches to the plastic cone by velcro. He doesn't care which flavor is attached, but don't you dare try to take it out of his hand. He's been carrying it around most of the day for several days. I find it rather ironic given he won't eat ice cream much less a cone. Ha ha! Ian's food strike has ended, and today was the first time in about 10 days that any of it stayed down. Even last night he threw it all up all over the place (from reflux not from gagging). Nadia also threw her dinner up last night (yogurt). I'm not allowing her to have any dairy products today. So far I haven't had to clean any vomit today. That's amazing given I've been doing it all the time lately.

I'd appreciate prayers for Nadia and I to feel better ASAP. I can't remember what it feels like to breathe through your nose, and I've had a fever for nine days straight. Last week it was 99 or 100 degrees. The past two days it's been 100 or 101. I feel awful. I took 4 Tylenol yesterday morning when I first got up (I know that's the same as taking 2 Rx strength Tylenol), and all it did was lower my temp one degree (down to 100). Thankfully Nadia (who had a 101 temp yesterday afternoon when we got back from the park) hasn't had a fever today. She's still VERY fussy (everything, and I do mean everything is a tragedy), and she has no appetite. Ian seems back to normal aside from a little bit of a runny nose. I've had a killer headache the past few days. I absolutely love being a mom, but it's tough to not be able to have a sick day. By the time Paul got home at 6:35pm yesterday, I had "worked" a 13 hour shift (since Ian doesn't take naps in his crib). I went to bed at 7:15pm although it took me more than an hour to fall asleep because I felt like I couldn't breathe. I'm really, really, really ready to feel back to normal!

Happier news to report would be that Ian is walking very quickly. He's almost running at times. He hardly crawls at all any more. He can WALK!

No comments: