1. Nadia is doing much better with eating her vegetables and whatever main dish I'm serving for dinner. Paul suggested that she could earn two stickers (instead of one) if she eats the food without any fussing. That was a great suggestion, and last night she earned two stickers for eating peas and ravioli without any fussing. She's earned four stickers thus far toward the seven needed for a trip to the playland at McD's.
2. Ian ate about 13 ounces by spoon yesterday, which for him was great. He ate 1 container of vanilla pudding, 1 container of strawberry yogurt, and 1 container of baby food. I tried giving him a little applesauce for the first time yesterday (not baby food), but it made him gag.
3. Ian woke up at 6:15am yesterday morning! I slept like a log from 9:30pm to 6:00am. I was stunned when I woke up and saw that the first number was 6. Lately he's been waking up around 5:30. An extra 30 minutes of sleep (extra 45 minutes in bed) was greatly appreciated. Paul said Nadia was crying at 2am, but thankfully I slept right through it. He woke up at 6am this morning! I don't feel as rested as I did yesterday morning because I went to bed later (10:15) and didn't sleep as soundly, but that's not his fault!
4. It's turned into SOP for me to bake cookies or brownies at least once a week. Nadia and I have fun making them, and three of us (minus Ian) enjoy eating them. Yesterday I tried another recipe for chocolate chip cookies. YUMMY!
5. Nadia was really well behaved during the storytime at the library yesterday. She's come a long way over the past year in her ability to sit and pay attention while the librarian reads stories. Ian doesn't sit for the entire 30 minutes, but he plays quietly once he's had enough of listening to stories.
6. The first four volumes of my blog were delivered by UPS yesterday. I was pleased with the quality of the color copies of the photos included in the posts. The quality of the pictures on some of the covers wasn't as impressive. Some of those photos came out rather dark or a bit on the grainy side. Also, they call these "hard covers," but I would definitely call them soft covers. I am sure the quality of the covers would have been a lot better if I had printed them through Blog2Print, but these books were 75% cheaper. As an added bonus, they sent me two copies of each volume even though I had only ordered (and paid) for one copy of each. That made these even more of a bargain as I actually received 8 volumes for what 1 would have cost through Blog2Print. I'm planning to give one set of the 4 books to Nadia when she's older. My plan is to print the blog about every 9 months so I'll never be printing so much at one time again. I'm guessing I'll go this same route the next time - buy a pdf file of the next section of the blog through Blog2Print and then get it printed somewhere else. If money was no object, I'd just have them printed through Blog2Print.
No comments:
Post a Comment