
I hadn't weighed myself for 3 weeks. I should have weighed myself each weekend as I discovered today that I had gained 6 pounds in the past 23 days. Yikes! I've gained 8 pounds total, and I'll be 18 weeks in 2 days so I guess overall I've done okay. I know I wouldn't have gained as much if we hadn't stayed at the RMH for four weeks. I was getting a lot less exercise there (finally was able to walk to the park yesterday afternoon), and I was eating way too much pie, chips, and such. I feel confident I can get things back under control now that we're home. I made brownies on Saturday with Nadia, but I haven't eaten one crumb of them. I think it might be the first time
ever that I made brownies and didn't lick the batter at the end. Brownie batter is SOOO yummy, but it's not worth heartburn! I looked at my medical record, and I currently weigh 10 pounds less than I did at 20w4d with Nadia (the day I found out she was a girl), and I weigh 18 pounds less than I did at 18w5d with Ian (the day I found out he was a boy). My goal is to not gain any more than one pound a week from here on out (or less if possible). My goal at the start of the pregnancy was to gain no more than 30 pounds total, and if I gained one pound a week over the next 21 weeks (my c-section is scheduled for exactly 21 weeks from today), I would achieve that goal and have gained 29 pounds over the whole pregnancy. The pies and other baked goods were very yummy, but I'm glad those temptations won't be surrounding me every day any more.

That's not the only reason I'm glad we're back home! Oh let me tell you I feel 1,000 times more relaxed today than I have felt in a month. Nadia has been spending a lot of time playing in her room. She missed her dolls, stuffed animals, castle tent, etc. I find myself smiling during the most mundane tasks such as filling the dishwasher and emptying the dryer, just because I'm at HOME. It's also nice to have wifi during the day again so I can work on grading, setting up my summer courses, etc. in between playing with the kids (and feeding Ian).

Another good thing about being home is that Ian's naps are now regularly at least 45 minutes (and often 60 minutes) long. At the feeding clinic he did have some long naps, but other days he only slept 30 minutes or less. It only took 27 months, but Ian finally has learned how to regularly take at least a 45 minute long nap in his crib!!!! The amount of screaming, batting the spoon, etc. type behaviors has also decreased today during our feeding sessions. For some reason he does better with me than with Paul. I made beef stew yesterday, and he was able to eat it (just fork mashed). So far today he's had pretzels, cookies, rice cereal, applesauce, pumpkin, beef stew, and hot dogs, and he's only had three of his five meals thus far. I actually put the Magic Bullet away and am hoping I can avoid getting it back out. I had to use a different recipe than I usually do for beef stew in order for Ian to be able to eat it, but it was nice to have him eating the same thing as the rest of us for the first time ever!

I've also been able to get a lot more accomplished the last couple of days. I've crossed a wide variety of things off my to do list such as buying two maternity bathing suits online (I hope they fit!), signing up for our health insurance (to resume on July 1), scheduling my car for an annual inspection, grading, etc. Unfortunately my to do list is still fairly long, but I'll keep plugging away at it. Life will calm down two weeks from now (after I've submitted the grades for the spring semester), and three weeks from today we'll be on vacation!
2 comments:
So glad you're glad to be home! I was thinking of you today while I was doing my own household tasks, wondering if you were enjoying yours in contrast to what your past 4 weeks have been like. :) There's no place like home!
Have you told them at work you are having a baby? I have been meaning to ask this. I hope if you have they were nice. I know they made comments that it would not be funny if you were pg.
Post a Comment