Saturday, March 2, 2013

Progress!!!

This morning was not one I'd want to repeat any time soon - a big poopy mess to clean up (Oliver's diaper did not do its job), Ian spilled a large glass of EleCare, and a lot of crying/fussing on the part of all three children over various and sundry things. In hind sight, I should not have taken the kids to the birthday party for Dr. Seuss at the library, although Nadia got lots of compliments on her Cat in the Hat costume that she wore for the third year. One of the books the librarian read was Horton Hatches an Egg, and that happens to be my most favorite Dr. Seuss book, and I hadn't yet read it to the kids (I have read them Horton Hears a Who many times). The highlight for the kids was eating chocolate cake and having their faces painted (Ian picked a green snake, and Nadia asked for a pink dog). While we were there I discovered Oliver had a fever. That explained why he couldn't sleep last night. I nursed him at 1am and then he woke up again at 3:30am (but I just turned him over in bed that time) and was up for the day at 5:45. After we got home, I also came down with a fever and sore throat. Oliver's nose would not stop running. I am praying that it doesn't progress to anything more severe for him in light of his lung disease (the nurse said at his 6 month appointment that he had been labeled with "chronic lung disease" which was news to me). His last Synagis injection was a little more than 28 days ago, and they only last 28 days supposedly. I also am hoping to feel better asap because moms don't get sick days, although I am planning to stay home the next two days.

We had two exciting developments this evening though! First, Oliver sat independently for a few minutes (first time ever). I am NOT saying he has mastered the art of sitting independently, but he's making a lot of progress in that direction. Way to go, Oliver!!! Second, Paul had a call from the school that interviewed him two days ago over the phone inviting him to interview on their campus next week! Paul is a little nervous about the 20 minute presentation that is not allowed to be about his area of research. I am grateful that at the minimum he will get some interviewing experience, and possibly it might result in a job offer. If it did, we would only view it as a short term position as New Jersey is not where we want to settle down long term. Paul said if we can't stay in Pennsylvania then he either wants to move south (farther south than Maryland) or farther west. I'm just grateful that out of 60 applicants he made the cut of those selected to interview on campus. Way to go, Paul!!!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

yay I'm so glad that paul got an interview opportunity that's great Ruth!