1. At church tonight we'll be having communion and remembering the suffering Christ endured. I am eternally grateful to the Lord for his willingness to die on the cross for my sins, and I am so glad that we get to celebrate His resurrection on Sunday. Up from the grave He arose!
2. I love singing in my church's choir. We're doing two of my favorites on Easter - the Hallelujah Chorus and "Rise Again". Later this spring we're doing another of my all time favorites,"The Majesty and Glory of Your Name." I loved this singing that anthem so much in Maryland that I ordered it for the choir I directed in Pennsylvania.
3. After going 11 days without working on any applications, I submitted two for Paul yesterday - to Wright State University (OH) and for a one year visiting position in VA. We've now submitted 45 applications, and the local position will be number 46.4. Although I wish the temperature was a bit warmer, it has been really nice to see the sun and blue sky more this week. We did make the trek to the playground on Wednesday, but I'd like it to be a bit warmer before we venture there again.
5. Nadia will finally be having her first soccer practice this evening! She'll be having two practices next week, which means she should have three practices before her first game. Because of the service at church tonight, Paul is going to meet me at the soccer field (come straight from work) so that I can to to church on time. The choir is singing two songs tonight so I need to get there 30 minutes before the service starts.
6. My parents and Paul's family are planning to join us for dinner on Sunday. A ham dinner is one of my favorite meals, and it's always a treat to spend time with our families. Including Oliver (who won't be eating the dinner), there should be 13 of us gathered at the table on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment