
Today we signed the paperwork to put our house on the market. If I could go back in time I would have stuck with our original plan to put it on the market 7 weeks ago, but that's water under the bridge now. In some senses it might still appear to be too early to try to sell the house since Paul doesn't have a job offer yet. We're still hoping he'll start a career as a chemistry professor in August, but even if he doesn't, his current commute to work is one hour each way. Even though we've been planning for quite some time to try to sell our house, it still hit me as rather official when I saw the sign in our yard. I've already left my job so pretty much the only connection I have to this town right now is church. I did find myself feeling rather emotional at choir rehearsal this evening thinking that I might not be singing in this choir in the fall. I joined this choir in January 2009. Next Sunday I'm playing the flute with the choir, and in two weeks we'll have our annual "Choir Sunday" which means we'll be singing five anthems that morning.

Ever since we got home, it has felt like we've been under a lot of pressure to get the house ready for 1pm today. I was trying to be really thorough in cleaning so that the realtor could take pictures and also in the hopes that if our house started to be shown a few days after that, we'd be ready to show the house. Paul was doing things like power washing the fence and one area of the siding, steam cleaning a few areas of the carpet in three rooms, spackling, sanding, etc. I put more toys in the basement to make it easier to keep the house clean. I figure that we'll be outside a lot more and won't need to have as many toys inside. I'm hoping it won't take long to get the house under contract mainly because keeping the house ready to show is going to be really hard with three little munchkins. I actually feel a little sense of relief now that the pictures have been taken, and I'm ready to show the house if someone wants to see it later this week. Cleaning the house and unpacking from our trip has been much harder because Oliver's schedule is totally out of whack.

For more than 6 months Oliver's naps have totalled an average of four hours (sometimes as much as five). On vacation this wasn't the case, but I expected that would likely happen. I didn't think that it would be this bad after we'd been home for five days. Aside from going to the library and ballet on Tuesday afternoon, Oliver has been at home the past five days to make sure he could take his naps in his crib at the right times. Wrong. A short nap for Oliver in the past was 60 minutes. Usually his naps were at least 90 minutes long.

Yesterday he took ONE nap in his crib, and it was 20 minutes long. Today he took two naps in his crib (30 minutes each), and then as you can see from this picture he took a brief nap in the stroller on the way to the playground before dinner. Oliver is usually a very happy baby, but over the past five days he has been a very fussy baby. This has led to a frazzled mommy. If I had to do it over again, I wish Oliver and I had stayed home in PA and not gone on the vacation. I really hope he goes back to taking nice naps - for his sake and mine. Now that the rush for getting the house ready is over, I want to get back to doing schoolwork with Nadia tomorrow. I did start reading
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle to the kids today. I hadn't read them a chapter book for more than two weeks, and we were all missing it! Both Ian and Nadia had been asking me the last few days to start reading a chapter book to them again. Speaking of vacations, I asked Paul today what his three most favorite vacations were, and I was wrong about one of them. He said Aruba, not Italy, was his third most favorite. I was right that he thought St. Lucia was #1 and England/France was #2. I have many more vacation pictures to post, but I thought I'd share some I took today instead. The dress Nadia is wearing is the one I bought at a yard sale shortly before we went on vacation. It's long enough that she'll be able to wear it more than one year. I think it's stunning!
No comments:
Post a Comment