Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Her last night

Tonight is Nadia's last night of Cubbies. She has really, really enjoyed being in Cubbies since September 2011, and she's really looking forward to joining Sparks in four months! Ian will be starting Cubbies at that same time. One advantage he has of being the younger sibling, he already can sing  the AWANA theme song (he calls it the marching song), Cubbies song, and the Sparks song! We often sing as we talk to and from the playground. We take turns choosing which song to sing. Ian's choices lately rotate between "Row, Row, Row your boat," "Joshua fought the battle of Jericho," and the AWANA song. Nadia lately has been choosing songs from Mary Poppins or Annie. My choices are far more varied than theirs. Most churches don't have the Cubbies participate in the Grand Prix. Paul has put so much time in to Nadia's car. More than he has for his upcoming job interview. He'll be tackling that tomorrow. Hopefully we'll all have fun tonight at the award ceremony and Grand Prix. My little girl is growing up so quickly!

Oliver woke up at 5:15 and decided he was up for the day. He wanted to take his nap at 7:30, but I kept him up until 9:00 so that I could mow the lawn during his nap. I didn't mow the lawn many times last year due to my 10 weeks of bedrest, but last spring it was much harder to mow the lawn since Ian wasn't taking a long nap yet and the kids didn't play well on their own outside. This spring neither child is afraid of the lawn mower any more (whew!), and they can play very nicely outside while I mow although we are working on the concept of not wandering into the neighbor's yard to play with their toys (when the neighbors aren't outside). I also did some weeding and spread two more bags of mulch. I've now spread eight bags of mulch so far this spring. I'm hoping Paul will spray the apple trees and mow the lawn once more before we leave for Florida. The grass is growing very quickly these days, and we'll be gone for more than a week so the grass is going to be very tall when we return from our trip. Once we return, I'm going to buy some flowers to spruce up the flowerbeds that I've been weeding and mulching.





No comments: